Week 2 Preseason GDT

Sad People

The only saving grace about Lance's game so far is that this clearly isn't the game plan they would have for Lance. Through 2 preseason games its very obvious that they are ostensibly telling him not to pull down the ball and run. My guess is that they are trying to iron out the wrinkles in the pocket game while getting him used to the NFL speed. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The only saving grace about Lance's game so far is that this clearly isn't the game plan they would have for Lance. Through 2 preseason games its very obvious that they are ostensibly telling him not to pull down the ball and run. My guess is that they are trying to iron out the wrinkles in the pocket game while getting him used to the NFL speed. 

I dont buy it at all that he starts this year unless an injury happens to Jimmy G, As lonmg as Jimmy G is healthy hes sitting

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just looks brutally bad. Holy moly. 

Shouldn't be a surprise. He was a project. This is a guy who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for most of the one game he played in 2020. Just going to need time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Shouldn't be a surprise. He was a project. This is a guy who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for most of the one game he played in 2020. Just going to need time.

That's why I think that they are so adamant about him not running. Honestly, if his ball placement were better in this game, it wouldn't have been so bad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I dont buy it at all that he starts this year unless an injury happens to Jimmy G, As lonmg as Jimmy G is healthy hes sitting

I think if he had taken the job, Shanny would have been okay starting him. But he hasn't taken the job, so I don't see him starting the season, and if that's the case, I don't see Jimmy giving the job up. I'm not jimmy's biggest fan, but he's not so bad that he's going to get benched. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think if he had taken the job, Shanny would have been okay starting him. But he hasn't taken the job, so I don't see him starting the season, and if that's the case, I don't see Jimmy giving the job up. I'm not jimmy's biggest fan, but he's not so bad that he's going to get benched. 

I just dont see it, Yall made it to the SB with Jimmy why not run it back one more time let Trey develop work on his mechanics and learn the playbook and give him the the job next year when you can get out of Jimmy contract a little easier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

I just dont see it, Yall made it to the SB with Jimmy why not run it back one more time let Trey develop work on his mechanics and learn the playbook and give him the the job next year when you can get out of Jimmy contract a little easier.

Jimmy isn't very good which is why if Lance had shown he was ready and was able to take the job, Kyle would have been okay with starting him. Jimmy's contract isn't a problem. We can basically cut him any time we want. We've already burned through his dead money. Jimmy's okay...largely an average starting QB, but this team isn't the same as that 2019 team. He'd have to do more heavy lifting, which isn't really in JImmy's arsenal. No more Sherman (all pro that year). No more Buckner (all pro that year). We have some concerning depth / injuries issues at multiple positions still. I don't think that the 49ers are legit contenders with Jimmy or Lance, to be honest, which is why I think Kyle would have been open to starting Lance if Lance had shown he was capable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy isn't very good which is why if Lance had shown he was ready and was able to take the job, Kyle would have been okay with starting him. Jimmy's contract isn't a problem. We can basically cut him any time we want. We've already burned through his dead money. Jimmy's okay...largely an average starting QB, but this team isn't the same as that 2019 team. He'd have to do more heavy lifting, which isn't really in JImmy's arsenal. No more Sherman (all pro that year). No more Buckner (all pro that year). We have some concerning depth / injuries issues at multiple positions still. I don't think that the 49ers are legit contenders with Jimmy or Lance, to be honest, which is why I think Kyle would have been open to starting Lance if Lance had shown he was capable. 

I assumed the team was fairly similar to the 2019 one, I will be honest forgot about Bucker and Sherman leaving which will definitely make things more difficult, was thinking mainly of the offense and how it seems the same for the most part. Also surprises me that you dont think the niners are contenders as someone from the outside looking in I would say most definitely yall are contenders but that division is ROUGH

Probably the best throw by Lance of the preseason. Simple primary crossing route read, but did a great job of keeping his eyes to the left side of the field to hold the safety before flipping to the primary route across the middle. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

It was a nice drive and great TD pass but I think this is a stretch 

Agreed. I get what people are saying...must be incredibly frustrating for Shanny to have to work around Jimmy and you see what Trey can bring, but if he's not ready and you're going to punt the season with him, that's hard to justify to the people in the locker room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

It was a nice drive and great TD pass but I think this is a stretch 

It is a stretch, and people are just acting ridiculous letting the potential of what can be get to their head. 

Trey finished strong, but he was going against the Chargers 3rd string defense. Still have a lot of reservations about his natural accuracy too. Yes it's possible to improve, but it's not a given. And trading 3 round picks to bet on that improving is a heck of a gamble. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2