LB Jacob Phillips tears bicep, expected out for season

hornbybrown

I have been praying with all my might that we might avoid the injury bug....and it seem like EVERY year, we have someone were all looking to either depend on...or to see what he's got improvement wise.....

This really sucks for us....now moving forward I think the bullseye is square on Mack Wilson...who not only looks like the starter at wOLB, but now may also become the main backup in the middle, if something happens to Walker, Mack slides to the Mike, and JOK comes in at wOLB with Malcolm Smith backing up everybody....

200w.gif?cid=82a1493ba306vf6kd6h8ywr5ctg

JOK isn’t even a traditional LB. I think he is going to be really good for us, but I don’t really think we improved much at the linebacker position this offseason and it was frankly bad in 2020. I would be very happy to see us be calculated to bring somebody in right now to help solidify the position. 

Be interesting what the prognosis is once he has surgery

if he’s placed on IR now he can’t return this season (this feels likely)

but if we want to place him on IR with the chance to return late in the season he needs to be on our final 53 man roster and doing that may take up a valuable roster spot for someone else

54 minutes ago, zelbell said:

but if we want to place him on IR with the chance to return late in the season he needs to be on our final 53 man roster and doing that may take up a valuable roster spot for someone else

Could always pull the move they did wjth Robinson a few years ago. Cut a bottom of the roster guy telling them with full Intentions they are going to pick them up once they are able to IR Phillips 

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

Torn biceps is going to last for a bit. My guess is they shelve him for the season. He’s not valuable enough to save a roster spot for all season, especially considering he is not going to get back to 100% during the season anyways.