LB Jacob Phillips tears bicep, expected out for season

hornbybrown

49 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Bj Goodson is out there surprisingly 

This was my First thought......as well as KJ Wright.....but I see we signed willie harvey, and I really like him coming outta Iowa State....I know he's a JAG, but I always like to see cats called back that were good players in college and you know are going try hard, 100% Max effort and a strong ST player....

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Draft classes rarely have more than 2-3 guys who pan out well. I mean we had a franchise best draft in 2018 and only 3 guys panned out.

The 2020 class standouts will probably be Wills, DPJ, and *maybe* Bryant.

Jordan elliot might end up in the decent category too

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jordan elliot might end up in the decent category too

You’re possibly right.

I just never believed that you built a contender via the draft only. That’s a terrible strategy given how much of a crapshoot it is.

I also believe you can tell pretty quickly if a draft pick will pan out. The days of waiting for late bloomers is practically over.

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I also believe you can tell pretty quickly if a draft pick will pan out. The days of waiting for late bloomers is practically over.

Wyatt teller went from an average gaurd to top 3 in a season. None of us loved him in 2019.  Pur rg from the dorsey draft seems to be going ok too and he looked like a human ball bag while here.

Njoku is a bad pick even if he becomes a top 6 tight end, for a 1st that is too long though. For my mind round 1&2 need to produce year 1 and after that you can give some leeway for development. Hudson we dont want out there in year 1. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

3 years of poor production though 

I am looking at him the same way I am looking at Mayfield: Just do what you did in the 2nd half of last season.

I just want to know how properly to pronounce his name.

The local sportscasters seem split on whether it is Enjoku or Nujocku. 

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I am looking at him the same way I am looking at Mayfield: Just do what you did in the 2nd half of last season.

I just want to know how properly to pronounce his name.

The local sportscasters seem split on whether it is Enjoku or Nujocku. 

You pronounce the n jo ku is how i would pronounce it, I have learned some east African languages at a very basic level. I am not familiar with western African language group but I assume it's the same. 

A boys me where people add a vowel that doesnt exist after the N between the J

• Like 1