Your top-10 teams headed into this season?

WizeGuy

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

My list will certainly look different than most, I have a Packers vs Dolphins Super Bowl this year. 

1. Packers

2. Dolphins

3. Chiefs (they will have the best record in football though, as always)

4. 49ers

5. Buccaneers

6. Rams

7. Ravens

8. Browns

9. Bills

10. Falcons

I would have the Colts around #6 or 7 if Wentz didn’t get injured, but not sure they will recover from that. Titans will probably win the South at 10-7, maybe even 9-8. 

I think the Falcons will be solid this year, offense is gonna be great even without Julio. 

... How do you have the Dolphins second? I like their potential in the future, but no way in hell do I view them as the second best team in the league. They still have plenty of question marks. The main thing they have going for them is that Brian Flores seems like the real deal as head coach.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

... How do you have the Dolphins second? I like their potential in the future, but no way in hell do I view them as the second best team in the league. They still have plenty of question marks. The main thing they have going for them is that Brian Flores seems like the real deal as head coach.

Meh, everyone called me crazy when I said the Bucs would win the Super Bowl in August. A very, very unsuspecting team makes the Super Bowl more often than not. Buccaneers in 2020 (everyone had them pegged as a one and done 9-7/10-6 wildcard team before the season started), 49ers in 2019, Eagles in 2017, Falcons in 2016, etc. 

Dolphins IMO have a Top 5 Defense quite easily. I also love their coaching staff. I think they have a tremendous cast of weapons as well on offense. Tua I think will make a bigger step this year as well. He won’t be a Top 10 QB, but he’ll be good enough. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

The Bucs, 11-5 in a division with New Orleans minus Drew Brees and Carolina minus Chris McCaffrey, have done as you said:  remained the same while the Rams and Patriots have improved.  The latter might even be able to practice more than once a fortnight.

The Pats have indeed improved, from a team that was lucky to go 7-9. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Meh, everyone called me crazy when I said the Bucs would win the Super Bowl in August. A very, very unsuspecting team makes the Super Bowl more often than not. Buccaneers in 2020 (everyone had them pegged as a one and done 9-7/10-6 wildcard team before the season started), 49ers in 2019, Eagles in 2017, Falcons in 2016, etc. 

Dolphins IMO have a Top 5 Defense quite easily. I also love their coaching staff. I think they have a tremendous cast of weapons as well on offense. Tua I think will make a bigger step this year as well. He won’t be a Top 10 QB, but he’ll be good enough. 

No, I picked the Bucs last year. Wasn’t hard to see at all. Top 6 defense, elite weapons and Brady.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My list will certainly look different than most, I have a Packers vs Dolphins Super Bowl this year. 

1. Packers

2. Dolphins

4. 49ers

5. Buccaneers

6. Rams

7. Ravens

8. Browns

9. Bills

10. Falcons

I would have the Colts around #6 or 7 if Wentz didn’t get injured, but not sure they will recover from that. Titans will probably win the South at 10-7, maybe even 9-8. 

I think the Falcons will be solid this year, offense is gonna be great even without Julio. 

The Chiefs had the best record last year for the first time in forever. Doesn’t really equate to always.

I like the Dolphins pick if Tua is a top 10 QB. Big if though.

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Well I mean you also been boasting the Falcons for about the past 3 years.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, Dr A W Niloc said:

By being better at almost every other position, including all five O-Linemen, and by having ridiculously soft positional schedules, starting with the NFL's most compliant opponents at QB, WR, and TE [compared to K.C.'s 22nd, 30th, and 20th, respectively].  And by being handed Mac Jones at the 15th pick, of course.

You might be right.  Kansas City could easily drop because of Buffalo and Baltimore, to say nothing of the Chief's across-the-board tougher positional schedules.

Cleveland did, in fact, have the best offensive roster in 2020, with which they finished 7th (DVOA) in running against the 7th softest defenders and 10th in passing against the 12th (QB) and 9th (WR) most generous coverages.  How will they fare in 2021 against the league's toughest?  The less said about their defense (25th) the better.  They did draft well, though.

The Rams have a great defensive backfield (CBs:9th, Safeties:3rd).  Edubam (PFF:86th) and Fox (84th) were warm bodies;  the Rams are third in pass rush with or without them.  The "loss" of Everett (35th) means they'll have to play their real TE, Tyler Higbee (PFF:24th, FPPG:20th), more.  Ditto for Darrell Henderson (PFF:12th, FPPG:35th) instead of Cam Akers (33rd, 44th).

The consensus of the three rating services I monitor has 12-4 Seattle's O-Line at 14th.  Two had them at 22nd and 23rd in 2020--not terrible and, by far, the best we've seen in a while.  The most predictive [albeit the most optimistic] of those snapshots puts them at 7th right now.  The Seahawks offense was 9th (DVOA) in the air and 6th on the ground in 2020 so where will they be with an improved O-Line and slightly easier RB and WR schedules?  As for their draft (which is rarely impressive, even when entering sooner than 56th), keep an eye on WR D'Wayne Eskridge once he is 100%.

Given the nasty turn in their positional schedules, six wins would be surprising.  Justin Fields has looked very good so far, though.  I can't remember the last time I said that about a Bears QB!

I just don't understand the idea of using last season's numbers as an iron clad way of projecting the future, its not like you go into the 2021 season with their 2020 record/stats, maybe its just me

Edited by MSURacerDT55

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

1. Packers

2. Dolphins

4. 49ers

5. Buccaneers

6. Rams

7. Ravens

8. Browns

9. Bills

10. Falcons

Ouffff GIF by memecandy

6 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Well I mean you also been boasting the Falcons for about the past 3 years.

Picked the Falcons to go 6-10 last year in the prediction thread. Average prediction for the Falcons was around 8-8. 

To the other poster, picked the Vikings to win the division last year instead of the Packers. 

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Tier 1 AFC: BUF, KC, BLT

Tier 1 NFC: GB, TB, SEA

Tier 2: SF, LAR, MIA

League feels top heavy this year

hard for me to call Baltimore a tier 1 team when they are going to have a pretty below avg OL, potential at WR, and and some ?s with their front 7 like can Oweh get sacks. 

See a lot of love for Mia, hard for me to get on that bandwagon until Tua proves it