Your Mid-Season All-Pro Team

CatalystNX

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I believe he's ranked number 1 overall by PFF for Defensive End's

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cameron-jordan/6176

Going beyond that though, he has been a force for the Saints all season. He's making plays all over the field and demanding tons of attention from opposing OL's.

He's on pace for 15 sacks, 12 passes deflections, 6 forced fumbles, and 3 interceptions. Obviously a lot that can change in the next 10 weeks, but he has been an absolute beast to start the season.

That’s cool, I’ve only seen 3 Saints games this year and he looked dominant in 2/3 of them. 

Statistically, I’m not sure that that’s really going to separate him, though. The guys I mention are outperforming him in that department (unsure about pressures).

48 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

TBH i think Campbell should be Listed as a starting Edge. hes gotten more sacks outside then inside this year.   

Never said Jordan should be starting, but dude has a been creating pressure and in the run game forcing plays back inside to other defenders, and should be on the list at least.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I believe he's ranked number 1 overall by PFF for Defensive End's

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cameron-jordan/6176

Going beyond that though, he has been a force for the Saints all season. He's making plays all over the field and demanding tons of attention from opposing OL's.

He's on pace for 15 sacks, 12 passes deflections, 6 forced fumbles, and 3 interceptions. Obviously a lot that can change in the next 10 weeks, but he has been an absolute beast to start the season.

i can invalidate PFF easy.  Just Look at Last years Grade of Jonathan Cyprien.  Everyone who watched him knew he was Terrible but yet PFF said he was the 7th Best Safety last year because his Run D grade was so high. 

On 10/25/2017 at 10:39 PM, Forge said:

That interior pass defensive line is completely stacked though. I mean, really stacked. Calais is a beast. McCoy is a beast. Donald has come back and picked up right where he left off. Buckner has entered All-pro consideration at this point in time with how disruptive he has become. Fletcher Cox is having his typical season, though he's probably more of the guy that would be the honorable mention snub on my list. I haven't even really watched Atkins this year, but I'm assuming he's doing his typical things. Same Suh - that Miami defensive line has been awesome this season, and I would imagine he's playing a huge role in that. Great players are definitely going to get left off there. 

Campbell is actually doing more of his damage on the Outside then Inside. to me id call him an edge rusher

Cam Jordan is a top 10 run defender and top 10 pass rusher for his position, that's what makes him stand out. First team or second team doesn't really matter to me but he deserves to make the list. There's not 4 better edge defenders when you consider the overall package, even if there may be 4 better pass rusher or 4 better run defenders. Also he's just disruptive and makes a ton of plays (like pass deflections) at the line. 

Topics like this one are always fun because nobody remains objective. They just acknowledged that their player may be playing at an All-Pro level but fail to acknowledge that other players from other teams may be playing at a same or superior level. 

For instance, I would argue that Le'Veon Bell is only bested by Kareem Hunt this year but I could also see an argument for Todd Gurley being the other 1st Team Halfback.

At this point in time there are only 3 players who should be unanimous; Kareem Hunt, Antonio Brown, and Zach Ertz. Even guys like Jalen Ramsey and Xavier Rhodes can't be unanimous because you have kids like the one up in Buffalo playing at that level as well.

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Steven Hauschka 

uhh he just missed a chipshot kick last week. unless this was a troll attempt.

EDIT:  I just checked he's like 84% or something FG %..   14/16  but he is 5/5 from 50+ which is probably why you put him there.  I Still think GZ from the Rams is doing better though.

QB:

1st team: Alex Smith (KC)

2nd team: tie Carson Wentz (PHI)/Drew Brees (NO)/Tom Brady (NE)/Russell Wilson (SEA)

RB:

1st team: Kareem Hunt (KC)

2nd team: tie Leonard Fournett (JAX), Todd Gurley (LAR) and LeVeon Bell (PIT)

WR:

1st team: Antonio Brown (PIT) and AJ Green (CIN)

2nd team: DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) and Brandin Cooks (NE)

TE:

1st team: Zach Ertz (PHI)

2nd team: Rob Gronkowski (NE)

FLEX:

1st team: Tyreek Hill (KC)

2nd team: Adam Thielen (MIN)

OT:

1st team: Taylor Lewan (TEN) and Trent Willians (WAS)

2nd team: Lane Johnson (PHI) and  Andrew Withworth (LAR)

OG:

1st team: Ronald Leary (DEN) and David DeCastro (PIT)

2nd team: Zach Martin (DAL) and Richie Icognito (BUF)

C:

1st team: Jason Kelce (PHI)

2nd team: Alex Mack (ATL)

DI:

1st team: Aaron Donald (LAR) and Calais Campbell (JAX)

2nd team: Geno Atkins (CIN) and Ndamukong Suh (MIA)

EDGE:

1st team: DeMarcus Lawrence (DAL) and Everson Griffen (MIN)

2nd team: Brandon Graham (PHI) and Cameron Jordan (DEN)

LB:

1st team: Bobby Wagner (SEA) and LaVonte David (TB)

2nd team: CJ Mosley (BAL) and Telvin Smith (JAX)

CB:

1st team: Patrick Peterson (ARI) and Xhavier Rhodes (MIN)

2nd team: Richard Sherman (SEA) and Marshon Lattimore (NO)

Flex: 

1st team: Jaelen Ramsey (JAX)

2nd team: Charles Harris Jr. (DEN)

S:

1st team: Harrison Smith (MIN) and Earl Thomas (SEA)

2nd team: Kam Chancellor (SEA) and Glover Quinn (DET)

Archived