Lions Vs Steelers preseason

MortexLion

I didn't watch the game but sure didn't sound great.  Looking at the PFF grades, Levi had a solid game, Penei is struggling pretty hard on the right side, and AJ Parker played pretty well even with the first team.  

I hate seeing Sewell struggle.  Thats going to be a huge miss, especially if Fields is the real deal in Chicago.  I have to give him a bit of a break given he didn't play in 2020 and is playing a new position but if he struggles, we might want to try flipping him back to the left side and see if he can get more comfortable. 

45 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I didn't watch the game but sure didn't sound great.  Looking at the PFF grades, Levi had a solid game, Penei is struggling pretty hard on the right side, and AJ Parker played pretty well even with the first team.  

I hate seeing Sewell struggle.  Thats going to be a huge miss, especially if Fields is the real deal in Chicago.  I have to give him a bit of a break given he didn't play in 2020 and is playing a new position but if he struggles, we might want to try flipping him back to the left side and see if he can get more comfortable. 

I'm not going to lie, I wanted Sewell...and it's way early to determine anything on him.  I think he at best will have a similar rookie campaign as what Decker had. But I was really scared of passing on Fields. I thought he was the 2nd best prospect in the draft. When all the negative stuff came out I wasn't sure it was right, but it did cause me some doubt. All said and done, Fields might end up being the best player in this draft. If it doesn't work out with Goff and even if Sewell becomes a gem, we might look back on Fields and say "what if".
Hopefully for the Lions sake, he doesn't turn out to be the Aaron Rogers 2.0 for Chicago.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I'm not going to lie, I wanted Sewell...and it's way early to determine anything on him.  I think he at best will have a similar rookie campaign as what Decker had. But I was really scared of passing on Fields. I thought he was the 2nd best prospect in the draft. When all the negative stuff came out I wasn't sure it was right, but it did cause me some doubt. All said and done, Fields might end up being the best player in this draft. If it doesn't work out with Goff and even if Sewell becomes a gem, we might look back on Fields and say "what if".
Hopefully for the Lions sake, he doesn't turn out to be the Aaron Rogers 2.0 for Chicago.

I agree.  Throughout the whole offseason once we started hearing Stafford would be moved,  I said I didn't want a QB other than Fields or Lawrence.  I also didn't think Sewell would fall to us.  With the stuff that came out and Fields drop, I was also higher on Sewell and excited for the pick.  I do hope it doesn't bite us.  Even if Fields is good, I will be happy with Sewell if he turns out.  Elite lineman are hard to come by and he was one of the best prospects at the position in a long time.  But the year off and switching sides might just be too much for a rookie.  Hopefully the expectations don't end up ruining his confidence. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Aj Parker was great. Levi was disruptive. Austin Bryant was terrible. *Tavai was trash from what I saw. He should be traded to the Pats for a 6th rounder where he could miraculously become a pro-bowler.

Future HOFer and Patriots ROH Member, Jahlani Tavai

On 8/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, detroitroar said:

Aj Parker was great. Levi was disruptive. Austin Bryant was terrible. Tavai was trash from what I saw. He should be traded to the Pats for a 6th rounder where he could miraculously become a pro-bowler.

If I'm the Pats and I want Tavai (he was terrible in their scheme too) I wouldn't bother trading for him. The other 30 teams have the tape Tavai has put together. I doubt there will be any other bidders. 

On 8/23/2021 at 5:35 PM, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't freak about Sewell. He's still a kid and adjusting after a year off. Chase hasn't looked so hot either. I think both will figure it out sooner than later.

I have seen this take, but Slater, Rosseau, and others who had a year off don't seem to be struggling.  I get everyone is different, and he is switching positions, but I just hope he figures it out.  I trust he will, but having a strong O Line is the foundation of what we want to do so he has to be good for this plan/regime to be good.