Preseason Week 2: Giants @ Browns

Acgott

17 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Like Week 1, Jones and most of the starters will not play in this game. They are expected to get extensive work in the final week 3.

Slightly disappointed to hear that but guess it makes sense because there is not much of a benefit for Daniel Jones. The Browns are going to use a vanilla defense because it is the preseason. DJ should know the offense by now. As for building chemistry with the wideouts, he has been throwing to Sterling, Engram and Slayton for the last two years he has plenty of chemistry with them. Golladay, Rudolph and Toney are too injured to play so can't use this game to build anything with them. 

I would be very disappointed if the starting offensive line was not out there, they need as many reps out there as they can get.

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

Slightly disappointed to hear that but guess it makes sense because there is not much of a benefit for Daniel Jones. The Browns are going to use a vanilla defense because it is the preseason. DJ should know the offense by now. As for building chemistry with the wideouts, he has been throwing to Sterling, Engram and Slayton for the last two years he has plenty of chemistry with them. Golladay, Rudolph and Toney are too injured to play so can't use this game to build anything with them. 

I would be very disappointed if the starting offensive line was not out there, they need as many reps out there as they can get.

I believe I heard the Starting OL isn’t playing either, but can’t find the tweet. The Browns aren’t playing their starters either, and coaches are taking more from the controlled practices then the game. I don’t think playing a few series against backups would help the team that much, especially with an unnecessary injury risk. No reason to risk someone diving into the knees by mistake in games that don’t matter.

Just now, Acgott said:

I believe I heard the Starting OL isn’t playing either, but can’t find the tweet. The Browns aren’t playing their starters either, and coaches are taking more from the controlled practices then the game. I don’t think playing a few series against backups would help the team that much, especially with an unnecessary injury risk. No reason to risk someone diving into the knees by mistake in games that don’t matter.

I would agree with that with every unit but the offensive line. When your rated the 32nd offensive line, you need the reps to get better and to get the communication down between the o-linemen. Even the browns 2nd defensive unit should be a fair challenge to our starting o-line at this point.  Any reps they get now will benefit DJ later. 

While I would be disappointed I can understand the logic, as you said those controlled practice games does count for something.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Bah, could only stomach watching the 1st series of offense and defense. Other than the Browns backups are better than our backups, I am not getting anything from watching this.

The 2nd series for the 2nd O was much better. The same is not for the backup D.

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Is Azeez going to play? Why is he sitting behind these bums at edge?

No, he’s not dressed to play today. Probably a rest day after the practices with starters. Giants aren’t playing any starters and only a few key guys.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The 2nd series for the 2nd O was much better. The same is not for the backup D.

I am listening to the Entertainah and Baddog do play by play on youtube. When I did the Giants starting playing better, then when I started to watch the game the Giants starting sucking again so I went back to listening to youtube. Sounds like Mike Glennon is looking pretty good as the backup QB, an upgrade over Colt McCoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I am listening to the Entertainah and Baddog do play by play on youtube. When I did the Giants starting playing better, then when I started to watch the game the Giants starting sucking again so I went back to listening to youtube. Sounds like Mike Glennon is looking pretty good as the backup QB, an upgrade over Colt McCoy.

Oh it’s not good at football at all, but we are matching up against the Browns, which is want we want.