Preseason Week 2: Giants @ Browns

Acgott

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I am listening to the Entertainah and Baddog do play by play on youtube. When I did the Giants starting playing better, then when I started to watch the game the Giants starting sucking again so I went back to listening to youtube. Sounds like Mike Glennon is looking pretty good as the backup QB, an upgrade over Colt McCoy.

Tainah and Baddog are a hoot. I listened to them call most of the Giants' games last season.

Sounds like almost none of our starters saw the field. Hopefully, next week will be a different story. I want to see DJ and the o-line back out there.

Yea it's hard to take anything away from either of these preseason games so far. With so many starters sitting and the vanilla schemes. Sounds like the starters will get substantial on field time against the Pats. On the NFL network broadcast they stated Judge was comfortable with the starters against the Pats because he trusts they will handle themselves professionally and wont take any cheap shots on SB. 

33 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yea it's hard to take anything away from either of these preseason games so far. With so many starters sitting and the vanilla schemes. Sounds like the starters will get substantial on field time against the Pats. On the NFL network broadcast they stated Judge was comfortable with the starters against the Pats because he trusts they will handle themselves professionally and wont take any cheap shots on SB. 

Yeah Art mentioned he may practice with the Patriots because of his trust with them and potentially Donta Hightower. Not sure Barkley will play in the game. Doesn’t need to take those hits.

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants competed well with the Browns, both during practice week and during the game, which has me pretty happy. Nothing else really to take away from this game. Oh and Carter Coughlin rules and Sam Beal drools.

I watched the game with the Browns feed, and Joe Thomas mentioned during the game that the Giants won Day 2 of practice.

18 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I watched the game with the Browns feed, and Joe Thomas mentioned during the game that the Giants won Day 2 of practice.

It was good to get confirmation of that, because every Giants beat writer said the same thing. DJ was on point, WRs were toasting Browns DBs, and the Giants DL notably got the best of a really good Browns OL.

Sam Beal is going to end up being one of those annoying guys that becomes a contributor for another team.. that missed INT was ugggllyyyy but he overall had a fine game albeit against Browns reserves. 0% chance of making this team but I just feel like he's gonna pop up somewhere else down the line. 

6 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Sam Beal is going to end up being one of those annoying guys that becomes a contributor for another team.. that missed INT was ugggllyyyy but he overall had a fine game albeit against Browns reserves. 0% chance of making this team but I just feel like he's gonna pop up somewhere else down the line. 

He has played 6 games in 3 seasons (1 injury, 1 covid). I wouldn’t put any stock into him being a contributor on another team.

2 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

I would bet a significant sum of money that he never goes on to do anything for anyone. The best ability is availability. He's never been available. If you're good, maybe you can get around that. Instead, Beal is bad. He's done.