NFL Top 100 #33 Quenton Nelson

Wyld Stallyns

I remember discussing with some people on another forum.  They didn't think guard was worthy of a 6th pick.  I had have to admit I was fooled by CB's talk, I didn't think the Colts would draft Nelson but my argument was that when it comes to a generational talent you draft them, no matter the draft position.  I'm glad the Colts pulled the trigger and drafted him.  I always like watching the lineman anyways and he is a lot of fun to watch.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coffeedrinker said:

I remember discussing with some people on another forum.  They didn't think guard was worthy of a 6th pick.  I had have to admit I was fooled by CB's talk, I didn't think the Colts would draft Nelson but my argument was that when it comes to a generational talent you draft them, no matter the draft position.  I'm glad the Colts pulled the trigger and drafted him.  I always like watching the lineman anyways and he is a lot of fun to watch.

Hell, I wanted him as #3. He is as fool proof of a draft pick that I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, Wyld Stallyns said:

I wanted Bradley Chubb at #3 and #6 but once Denver had the choice between Chubb and Nelson I knew we were getting whomever was left.
I must admit though I’ve always been a “LB in the draft” kind of guy so I did want Roquan Smith over Nelson but I understood OL was a need. 

I liked both Chubb and Smith as well.  Can you imagine if they had taken Smith in the 1st and Leonard in the 2nd.  The Colts would have the best LB duo in the NFL, bar none.  In that scenario, Smith would have taken over as MIKE and Leonard would still be the WILL.

Edited by coffeedrinker