The Raider Offense Prediction Thread

NickButera

Thoughts on anything offensive personnel prediction related. we have a lot of weapons, how do you see them doing?  

Derek Carr - 4100 yards, 31 TD's, 8 INT's

Marshawn Lynch - 900 Rushing Yards, 300 Rec Yds,10 TD's

Crabtree - 800 Yards, 9 TD's

Cooper - 1200 Yards, 5 TD's

Carr - 4,000, 30 TD, 12 INT. Forcing a little more trying to take the next step. 

Lynch will get that 1,000+, boss.

Crab and Coop should split 2,000 yards and 16 TDs. 

I'll be curious how Cook does. He was legit last year in GB.

3 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Carr - 4,000, 30 TD, 12 INT. Forcing a little more trying to take the next step. 

I had forgotten about cook. I have a wonder if him and Lynch will lead the team in TD's. Would make sense. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, ChaRisMa said:

He's going to get an injury at some point. What happened to Walford? Loved him coming out.

He's still there. Hasn't developed ideally due to injuries (missed camp last year due to a leg injury from an ATV accident)  and whatnot but if he's gonna make a case for staying with the team this is the season to do it.

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

He's still there. Hasn't developed ideally due to injuries (missed camp last year due to a leg injury from an ATV accident)  and whatnot but if he's gonna make a case for staying with the team this is the season to do it.

Yeah it'll be tough for him though.  Lee Smith is returning from injury and will be used as a blocking TE very often most likely.  With Cook and Lee, I could see Walford struggling to get on the field other than passing in 2TE sets.  He is a better blocker than Cook though so maybe they'll rotate a bit

On 7/26/2017 at 6:15 PM, ChaRisMa said:

IMO he took the next step late last year. I know I keep bringing this game up, but watching the Colts game, you see what he's capable with a mastery of the offense.

I think 12 ints seems a bit steep, considering we'll run the ball a lot. I think 8 ints seems about right, although honestly we're just splitting hairs.

I'm awful at predicting stats, but I'll say 4400 yards, 30 touchdowns, and 8 ints, but a higher YPA (closer to 8) so a passer rating around 100.

Stats aside for a second, I don't think some people realize how much Murray held us back as an offense. If you put a back in who can really be a factor in terms of breaking tackles and getting 3rd and short/3rd and goal, this offense easily could have been top 3 last year.

Even if lynch isn't as fast as he once was, if he can grind between the tackles and show off the same excellent vision as he has in the past, it can elevate us on offense tremendously.

23 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

You guys seem to think it is a foregone conclusion Lynch is going to be the same guy he was in 2014. He's played 7 games in the last two years, now at age 31. I'm not sold. What is the backup plan.

Umm these guys:

https://imgur.com/O920Lsr

http://imgur.com/iI0lg3k

We don't expect prime Beast Mode.  We expect an older version of him to help shoulder the load with these 2

On 7/31/2017 at 7:56 AM, ChaRisMa said:

You guys seem to think it is a foregone conclusion Lynch is going to be the same guy he was in 2014. He's played 7 games in the last two years, now at age 31. I'm not sold. What is the backup plan.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at all. That being said, he's clearly healthy as opposed to when he played banged up 2 years ago. He's behind a better run blocking OL and our pass game has always taken precedent over our run game so it's not like he'll be the focal point of the offense by any means.

I expect him to be good though. He's always been a talented player and being fresh should help any running back, especially one coming off injury.

You really think all that power left? We just need him to run hard and churn his legs. We don't need 70+ yard touchdowns from our run game. Just the ability to move the chains, which we didn't always have last year.

I'm just pointing out, as good as he was, not playing last year has disadvantages too. His body is still 31 years old. I'm pumped to have him in Oakland but I won't be shocked if he isn't the 28 year old everyone remembers.

27 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I'm just pointing out, as good as he was, not playing last year has disadvantages too. His body is still 31 years old. I'm pumped to have him in Oakland but I won't be shocked if he isn't the 28 year old everyone remembers.

No one is disputing that. It has been said many times we don't need him to be that guy or expect it. We have a full RB room to take the carries when needed. But from all reports he looks great so far and it will be a welcome sight to see his style of running behind our line.

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

No one is disputing that. It has been said many times we don't need him to be that guy or expect it. We have a full RB room to take the carries when needed. But from all reports he looks great so far and it will be a welcome sight to see his style of running behind our line.

Exactly.  Even if he's 80% of what he was, that's fine with us.  I think next year we'll be all set with Richard, Washington and Hood or someone similar

• 2 weeks later...

Archived