The Raider Offense Prediction Thread

NickButera

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

Per camp reports, Downing is implementing a heavy 2 TE set offense. Mimicing NE much? I like the idea, TD's could be favored heavily towards our RB and TE's this year. 

Good to hear. I don't remember the actual data, but I was listening to a podcast the other day that was saying that the 2 TE set was easily the most successful formation across the league over the past few years. Oddly enough, NE was not the number one offense with the formation over this time. That would be the Colts. And that is when they've been at their best.

If all the talk of Walford's improvement is valid, I could see him forcing his way onto the field, as he has the most versatility in that group in terms of blocking/catching. He did look much smoother and athletic in preseason wk 1. 

1 hour ago, mct288 said:

Good to hear. I don't remember the actual data, but I was listening to a podcast the other day that was saying that the 2 TE set was easily the most successful formation across the league over the past few years. Oddly enough, NE was not the number one offense with the formation over this time. That would be the Colts. And that is when they've been at their best.

If all the talk of Walford's improvement is valid, I could see him forcing his way onto the field, as he has the most versatility in that group in terms of blocking/catching. He did look much smoother and athletic in preseason wk 1. 

The 2TE sets will play to our strengths and allow Carr to switch between run and pass depending on what the defense will be showing. This will also help in going hurry up which Carr does best. 

On the topic I think that Carr steps forward and finally breaks 4,000 yards. I think he doesn't throw as many tds due to lynch. Speaking of he won't have many yards maybe 700 because I think that we'll run by committee. 

D. Carr - 4600 passing yards, 35 touchdowns, 10 interceptions. I think his yards per attempt is going to go up with Amari Cooper's development, the addition of C. Patterson, and Todd Downing being our Offensive Coordinator.

M. Lynch - 900 rushing yards, 150 receiving yards, 12 touchdowns (10 on the ground).  M. Lynch running behind Osemele and Hudson in the red zone is a nightmare for opposing defenses.

J. Richard - 350 rushing yards, 175 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns (3 on the ground).  Too productive to keep off the field.  I honestly think he will do much better than my predictions.

D. Washington - 250 rushing yards, 150 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns (3 on the ground).  Same as J. Richard, I wouldn't be surprised if he almost doubled these stats.

L. Smith - 225 receiving yards, 2 touchdowns.  If it wasn't for Cook and Walford both being on our roster, I wouldn't be surprised if he did better than these stats as well.  That catch against the Rams was great.

J. Cook - 500 receiving yards, 4 touchdowns.  I really don't see him being a 1,000 yard receiver. I don't even think he is much better than Walford or Cook.  I really think we should have used his money on defense.

C. Walford - 300 receiving yards, 1 touchdown. Prediction is based mostly on the fact that we have 3 solid tight ends.  If Cook or Smith go down, his production will increase dramatically.  I think the guy is underrated.

A. Cooper - 1300 receiving yards, 8 touchdowns.  Third year in the league, time for another LEAP.  That catch against the Rams was also great.

M. Crabtree - 1000 receiving yards, 10 touchdowns.  Breaking ankles every week.

S. Roberts - 500 receiving yards, 6 touchdowns.  After playing last season with a double hernia I wouldn't be surprised if his production went up from last season.  His drop rate will most likely go down as well.

C. Patterson - 300 receiving yards, 60 rushing yards, 2 receiving touchdowns.  Trick plays and maybe some deep balls.  C. Patterson is here to take the return game up a notch.

Archived