The Trashing of Cousins

Doc Draper

The season full of ( unrealistic) high expectations is coming more into focus- who can Allen and Gruden Blame? You guessed it. 

Lets get rid of two 1,000 yard starting receivers. One who takes the top off of defenses and gets everybody open. Two guys who cousins had great chemistry and confidence 

let’s replace them with an almost 30 something former  QB with questionable hands and fear of getting hit and a draftee who hasn’t played much 

the team can’t run the ball because of poor run design, poor blocking, tight ends who can’t block at all and an at best average guy as a starting rb. Throw in a coach who never practices running plays and is so predictable a pee wee defensive coach can anticipate the calls

now your top three Linemen are hurt 

and the whispers start- Pryor doesn’t believe in cousins. Crowder is mad he’s not getting the ball enough, gruden calls cousins too cautious and people start to freak that he’s more interested in stats than wins,  and that he takes the easy throws even if they don’t get first downs....

its all positioned for cousins to be the scapegoat for this year, they were smart not to sign a game manager to a long term contract. and they will market gruden as a guy who can develop a newly drafted quarterback. We will hear about Dalton again. And how Gruden didn’t draft cousins. Let’s give him a chance to pick and develop his own guy

This buys gruden and Allen another three years and keeps us as a bottom feeder

i expect the whispers to grow louder and anonymous sources will play their role how cousins isn’t the same guy with the same committment, he’s reached his low ceiling. 

And I won’t be surprised if somehow cousins can stay injury free that we see him replaced by colt after week 12. 

The “reporters” bought and paid for by Danny will write headlines like these:

Can the Redskins stay competitive with Kirk Cousins at quarterback?

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/can-redskins-stay-competitive-kirk-cousins-quarterback

The Redskins have been competitive with Kirk at qb. He’s had one bad game all year and that was week 1. He was not the reason we lost to Kansas City or Philly the second time. It was mostly injuries, a dropped TD pass - which should have been the game winner on an excellent ball from Kirk - and a defense that has blown some assignments and gotten tired in the second halves of games.

I believe Kirk has his best qbr of his career. Despite not having two 1,000 yard receivers, he’s still getting the job done. 

I blame Gruden on some of the playcalling which is using more longer developing routes instead of quick game which gets our WRs the ball quicker and our TEs and Thompson and then we let them go do the work.

Cousins has shown more heart this season as well with how he’s run more for first downs and sadly - imo - he hasn’t even slid when he should have. The man is out there diving for first downs, trying to do all he can. 

Now Kirk has certainly missed some things, and probably should have 3 or 4 more TDs and the Redskins very easily could have the Eagles record if a few players on the team make a few more plays, including Cousins. Still he’s doing just fine and the team is competitive.

I disagree that schematically he's great. I think he's a decent coach but we've had issues running the ball since the moment he got here. It doesn't matter who you put back there or who's blocking, it simply doesn't work in his scheme. 

And Doc, how anybody thought letting both Garçon and Jackson go was going to be okay is beyond me? I was always skeptical of the Pryor thing working out but I didn't expect it to go this bad. We need a center and a LG, a new receiver and a stud back. Kirk is not the issue with this team. He's about the only steady thing we have on offense right now. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree that schematically he's great. I think he's a decent coach but we've had issues running the ball since the moment he got here. It doesn't matter who you put back there or who's blocking, it simply doesn't work in his scheme. 

And Doc, how anybody thought letting both Garçon and Jackson go was going to be okay is beyond me? I was always skeptical of the Pryor thing working out but I didn't expect it to go this bad. We need a center and a LG, a new receiver and a stud back. Kirk is not the issue with this team. He's about the only steady thing we have on offense right now. 

When receivers are running wide open almost every play and sometimes it’s you’re Qb who isn’t making the right reads or not trusting something in real time that everyone can see he missed on the All-22 after, that’s not on the coach. As I said in the above post, Kirk should have 3 or 4 more TDs on the year and he’s missed some guys who were open for probable TDs.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you guys are looking for people to blame, it's not Cousins, trust me. Without him and your TE's your offense would be comparable to the Browns in my opinion.

Our front office likes to trash people before they leave.  Its standard operating procedure in the Dan Snyder/Bruce Allen era.  The pettiness is strong.  

1 hour ago, Danger said:

If you guys are looking for people to blame, it's not Cousins, trust me. Without him and your TE's your offense would be comparable to the Browns in my opinion.

Thompson and our OL have a lot to say about how wel our o plays as well but for the most part Cousins is not the reason we lose.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Thompson and our OL have a lot to say about how wel our o plays as well but for the most part Cousins is not the reason we lose.

You guys have Trent Williams and Scherff, other than that I don't think your O-Line is... stellar.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Our front office likes to trash people before they leave.  Its standard operating procedure in the Dan Snyder/Bruce Allen era.  The pettiness is strong.  

Bingo!! I really like “Kurt” and believe he is the best qb we have had since Joey T. Bruce and his  short bus HC have started their “disinformation campaign”, Vietnam lingo for you younger guys, and will destroy his reputation before he leaves. This team under Danny makes me sick. Kirk, get out while you can and I hope Gruden doesn’t call plays that permanently injure you this year. 

Boys, Danny is a jock sniffing loser from his Maryland days. We will never win as long as he is majority owner. Sorry to be a “reality checker” but find other hobbies, girls, take the leaves, travel the world etc... and you will be happier

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Bingo!! I really like “Kurt” and believe he is the best qb we have had since Joey T. Bruce and his  short bus HC have started their “disinformation campaign”, Vietnam lingo for you younger guys, and will destroy his reputation before he leaves. This team under Danny makes me sick. Kirk, get out while you can and I hope Gruden doesn’t call plays that permanently injure you this year. 

Boys, Danny is a jock sniffing loser from his Maryland days. We will never win as long as he is majority owner. Sorry to be a “reality checker” but find other hobbies, girls, take the leaves, travel the world etc... and you will be happier

Funny I just traded my Redskins allowance for the year to start traveling!!! I’m taking that advice!!!

Archived