The Trashing of Cousins

Doc Draper

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Swearinger and Collins are pretty similar. Swearinger isn’t quite as good as Collins, but they have the same make up and abilities.

Both are better at being in the box safeties who can cover TEs, shallow WR routes and RBs. 

Neither are a guy you want 1 on 1 vs a WR. They are serviceable at FS but it’s not their strength. They are much better off being used as an extension of your LBs.

I thought the knock on Swearinger that FS was his natural position. And that is what he was brought in to be aside from Su'a who was the SS. 

Just now, mike23md said:

I thought the knock on Swearinger that FS was his natural position. And that is what he was brought in to be aside from Su'a who was the SS. 

There's a lot of back and forth on this.  Swearinger was drafted to be a SS for the Texans, never really panned out there.  Then he got forced into action for the Cardinals last year at FS and looked good.  The reality is the old school definitions for FS and SS are antiquated and don't really matter.  Both safeties need to be able to cover deep and tackle in the modern NFL. 

Can I just say something and I know this is crazy I might have hit my head but I’m just going to put this out there. Is is possible that our FO by not paying Kirk and it just so happens with all our injuries and the fact we don’t have pass catchers who make Kirk look great is it possible that the market value for Kirk is a lot lower if we continue down this path? Idk a lot of things can and will change from one week too the next. But if we struggle even if Kirk’s numbers are good which they always will be. What would you think his value is. If he can’t win games does his market value stay in the 25 a season range or does it go down? I want Kirk here but I’m not going to cry if he leave’s and gets the type of money he has been holding out for. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kirk is going to the Jags if he leaves here. They're basically a QB away from being a great team. 

Can't see it.  I think Kirk would rather have the chance to win the SB as a Colts Peyton Manning rather than a Broncos Peyton Manning.  He seems the type that wouldn't be happy in a role where his job is to throw only 20 times and manage the game.

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think they're letting him walk. I think it's moreso him just wanting to leave. 

If we transition tag him and match he doesn’t really have a choice.  The fact that the 49ers traded for Jimmy G is pretty telling to me that they thought Cousins wasn’t going to happen.

Archived