Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

:looks at picture:

Maybe not a rich mans Brees, but certainly a talls mans brees. 

He has all the physical talents that Brees lacked. Now if he can only match Brees’ mental acuity then watch out NFL.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

1. Daniel Jones is someone I forgot about. I’d have him in that good athleticism range with Mahomes. He’s got the speed, just not the kind of power and balance as Watson and Allen IMO.

2. I measure the athleticism based off of game impact provided. Allen from a combine perspective would likely be outpaced by a Justin Fields, yet his athletic impact on a game, even when he was also a raw rookie QB, was more pronounced. Deshaun Watson had a RAS well below that of Daunte Culpepper yet he has been quite easily the superior athlete when it came to his impact on the game. Both Watson and Allen have an ability to take over a game with their rushing ability if a pass defense is incredibly stingy.

3. So while Herbert has a 9.69 RAS and Joe Flacco has an 8.14 RAS
https://ras.football/2020/01/04/joe-flacco-ras/
I just see similar size and movement skills on the field. Both were/are difficult to bring down, but not a menace. No one would mistake Flacco for Big Ben just as Herbert isn’t Josh Allen (in that realm). Looking at the athletic numbers, it seems Flacco was quicker than Herbert, yet Herbert is faster and more explosive. Yet both are tall guys with nice movement skills. Flacco didn’t display the kind of ability to take over a game with his athleticism and what I saw from Herbert was someone that I don’t believe has the ability to take over a game with his athletic prowess.

For your hate of the Rich Man’s Flacco comparison because of Flacco’s RAS score, then you should hate the Drew Brees comparison even more since he was only a 7.74 in his RAS score.

4. I just don’t look at RAS score as if it’s the end all be all of athleticism. I think it’s more athletic potential whereas what shows up in the game is the athletic impact. Could I be underestimating Herbert’s athleticism? Probably. Yet is it to a degree that to say he’s a rich version, is somehow an insult? I absolutely don’t think so. If Herbert is being disrespected, then I expect his athleticism on the field to produce far superior results than what he’s shown to this point.

5. Lastly, I respect you as well. But again, I think you’re getting too defensive. Just like if someone had said Lamar was a rich man’s Tyrod Taylor, the comparison would’ve had some merit. Similar height, both use their athleticism to extend and/or make plays. Neither has an arm cannon, yet can make the necessary throws. Yet Lamar is far more special, just as Herbert is far more special than Flacco. Yet my point was simply that I just don’t see Herbert as the kind of QB to take over a game with his athleticism, as I’ve come to know can be done from Watson and Allen. Which is something that I think now gives Allen a bit of an edge in my comparison between the two... as I initially IIRC determined that I would take Herbert over Allen (in the comparisons thread). Whereas now I think I’d take Allen instead.

From my recollection of Flacco he was far too stiff to make plays like this. I don't remember flacco being this agile and fluid with his movements. Herbert has elite physical tools and that was always his strengths. The only comparison i see is both were big with huge arms. Maybe i am forgetting Flacco’s early years. But i don't remember him looking as fluid and agile out of the pocket. I remember him as lumbering. I agree that he doesn't use them nearly as much as others to take over games. He isn't as reliant on his athletic ability. I don't know if that is by design or conservation of body.

I will always consider a rich man flacco as an insult. To me that is capping Herbert's potential to top 10. When i know his potential is best in the game level.  Maybe i am being overly defensive, but i don't like that comparison. Flacco was always very avg to me with some great moments.

I don't think Flacco ever hit 20 mph running.

19 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

rom my recollection of Flacco he was far too stiff to make plays like this. I don't remember flacco being this agile and fluid with his movements. Herbert has elite physical tools and that was always his strengths. The only comparison i see is both were big with huge arms. Maybe i am forgetting Flacco’s early years. But i don't remember him looking as fluid and agile out of the pocket. I remember him as lumbering.

Nobody talks about White Lightening and gets away with it:

For real though, Flacco does look akward running. So does Daniel Jones and that dude might be the fastest QB in the league, lol. Didnt he have the fastest run in the NFL last year? 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

#feelsgoodman

NOTE: Up/down arrows illustrate movement from the Week 6 QB Index. Rankings reflect each quarterback's standing heading into Week 7, based solely on 2021 play.

Rank
                              =>1 <=whooo hooo 

Dak Prescott

Dallas Cowboys · Year 6

2021 stats: 6 games | 73.1 pct | 1,813 pass yds | 8.4 ypa | 16 pass TD | 4 INT | 70 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 6 fumbles

It's the decision making under pressure that does it for me. The Patriots threw every post-snap coverage change possible at Dak, and he digested it all, spitting out Bill Belichick's game plan any time extra pressure was sent. Pro Football Focus' numbers back up the eye test, with Dak hitting seven passes (with two big-time throws) on 13 attempts against pressure, including many of the game's decisive plays. There's a long way to go in this season, but if I need one quarterback to make one play in any situation right now, that quarterback is Rayne Dakota Prescott.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-7-2021-season-rankings

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

#feelsgoodman

NOTE: Up/down arrows illustrate movement from the Week 6 QB Index. Rankings reflect each quarterback's standing heading into Week 7, based solely on 2021 play.

Rank
                              =>1 <=whooo hooo 

Dak Prescott

Dallas Cowboys · Year 6

2021 stats: 6 games | 73.1 pct | 1,813 pass yds | 8.4 ypa | 16 pass TD | 4 INT | 70 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 6 fumbles

It's the decision making under pressure that does it for me. The Patriots threw every post-snap coverage change possible at Dak, and he digested it all, spitting out Bill Belichick's game plan any time extra pressure was sent. Pro Football Focus' numbers back up the eye test, with Dak hitting seven passes (with two big-time throws) on 13 attempts against pressure, including many of the game's decisive plays. There's a long way to go in this season, but if I need one quarterback to make one play in any situation right now, that quarterback is Rayne Dakota Prescott.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-7-2021-season-rankings

I agree with the Rodgers ranking so many sites and people are ranking him top 5 just because he’s… Rodgers lol.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:05 PM, Xenos said:

That’s what I prefer and would like to happen 😆

But seriously, I’m just throwing it out there because Herbert is in the Sean Payton offense. Plus you know this:

https://www.chargers.com/news/from-the-podium-drew-brees-justin-herbert-minicamp-2021

Justin Herbert is a great quarterback.

Hey @Xenos, it looks like you and I have finally found something upon which we can agree!  Herbert is going to have a great career.  (We will just have to stick to talking about football I guess.) 

Good luck to your Chargers this season!  :)

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:
On 10/19/2021 at 1:05 PM, Xenos said:

That’s what I prefer and would like to happen 😆

But seriously, I’m just throwing it out there because Herbert is in the Sean Payton offense. Plus you know this:

https://www.chargers.com/news/from-the-podium-drew-brees-justin-herbert-minicamp-2021

Justin Herbert is a great quarterback.

Hey @Xenos, it looks like you and I have finally found something upon which we can agree!  Herbert is going to have a great career.  (We will just have to stick to talking about football I guess.) 

Good luck to your Chargers this season!  :)

Im out of the loop. Did you two get in an argument or something? Do we have a team jacob vs team edward situation?

On 8/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Tier 1

1. Mahomes

2. Rogers

Tier 2

3. Brady

4. Wilson

5. Watson

6. Allen

Tier 3

7. Lamar

8. Dak

9. Tannehill

10. Carr

11. Stafford

12. Herbert

(13. Cousins, 14. Mayfield, 15. Murray, 16. Ryan round out my sizeable tier 3. These tier 3ers are the franchise QBs who can have great years with the right cast, but lack game to game consistency you see in most of the top guys and aren't putting a team on their back quite yet)

HM- Wentz... doesn't belong anywhere near even a top 25 based off 2020 but I'm not ready to close book on him yet either. Has a ton of arm talent, let's see how he looks in Indy.

You're getting more than 12 in the midseason update. Not a ton changes, this isn't my list based off 2021 play. It's best QBs in the league... but certainly some changes. Tiers need to be revamped.

Tier 1- proven cream of the crop gun slingers. Multiple seasons of MVP level play.

Tier 2- the franchise QBs. No debates in these teams GDTs over the future of QB position. They have all shown elite play with the right cast, and/or have been excellent in their young careers. Kind of a gap between Dak and Carr but easier to just lump this as 1 tier. Watson would be near the top of this group.

Tier 3- fringe franchise QBs. Don't have quite the highs in play and/or the promise of those in tier 2, but still have proven to be more than capable. Kirk realistically belongs in his own tier for me between 2 and 3. I don't think he deserves being grouped with either.

Tier 4- fringe starters. Are they even helping their team win? 

1. Brady
  2. Rodgers
  3. Mahomes
  4. Wilson
  5. Allen 
  6. Lamar
  7. Dak
  8. Carr
  9. Stafford
  10. Tannehill
  11. Herbert
  12. Kyler