Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

21 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

How are people still getting tricked thinking Cousins is top 10.

Happy Philadelphia 76Ers GIF by NBA

Top 10 in AYPA, YPA, Passer Rating, TD%, and game winning drives last year. Also hasn't missed a game due to injury since 2014.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

It’s because he beats up on bad teams. He’s 7-31 as a starter against winning teams. He’s great at tricking people if you just look at his stats without any context lol. 

Matthew Stafford, a QB often ranked above Cousins despite similar stats and injury issues, is 8-67 vs Winning Teams. Deshaun Watson is 7-19. Drew Brees went 30-56 against winning teams. Even Aaron Rodger is under .500 at 34-43-1 vs winning teams.

Only Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Russell Wilson are active QBs with an above 50% win percentage against winning teams.

Winning percentage against teams with winning records is meaningless without context, as well.

31 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Top 10 in AYPA, YPA, Passer Rating, TD%, and game winning drives last year. Also hasn't missed a game due to injury since 2014.

Matthew Stafford, a QB often ranked above Cousins despite similar stats and injury issues, is 8-67 vs Winning Teams. Deshaun Watson is 7-19. Drew Brees went 30-56 against winning teams. Even Aaron Rodger is under .500 at 34-43-1 vs winning teams.

Only Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Russell Wilson are active QBs with an above 50% win percentage against winning teams.

Winning percentage against teams with winning records is meaningless without context, as well.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree as I’d definitely pick 10+ QBs before considering Cousins in my top 12. 

13 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I guess we’ll agree to disagree as I’d definitely pick 10+ QBs before considering Cousins in my top 12. 

I'd still probably put him as a fringe top 10 guy, but I would put Cousins at the top of that third/fourth tier of QBs (Stafford, Carr, Mayfield, Tannehill, etc.)

His contract isn't exactly team friendly, but there are worse contracts out there (Goff, Wentz, etc.).

• Like 1

Cousins is the very definition of a Tier 3 QB. A good QB, heavily influenced by what's going on around him. Can't really elevate his team, but won't bring it down either. Will occasionally flash, but at the end of the season you are always left wanting something more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

You missed Lamar Jackson: the guy the post was kind’ve centered around in comparison to Kirk being ahead of him lol.

Lamar is 10-6 against winning teams in his career so far

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You missed Lamar Jackson: the guy the post was kind’ve centered around in comparison to Kirk being ahead of him lol.

Colts faced both QBs last year and Kirk was the much easier QB to handle. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I wasn't coparing Kirk to Lamar. Lamar is an NFL MVP and Top 5 QB, borderline Tier 1. That's not Kirk.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tiers are interchangeable depending on my mood.

I also am pretty confident that you can win a Super Bowl with the top 18 QBs.

1) Mahomes
2) Rodgers
3) Brady

4) Wilson
5) Watson
6) Allen
7) Prescott

8.) Jackson
9) Tannehill

10) Herbert
11) Cousins
12) Carr
13) Ryan
14) Murray
15) Stafford
16 ) Garoppolo 
17) Mayfield
18) Roethlisberger

19) Wentz
20) Fitzpatrick
21) Winston

22) Hurts
23) Darnold
24) Tagovailoa

25) Bridgewater
26) Jones 

Edited by Soggust

Leaving Dak out of the top 5 is questionable, and labeling him as a tier 3 is just stupid and disrespectful. He has been tier 2 at worst since last season. What he did against TB last night is nothing new. Not sure what else the guy has to do to prove himself. It isn’t his fault that his defense has been comically terrible.