Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Jones is 1st in EPA/play since week 7 but the first 6 weeks do exist as well. I still have him between 15 and 20 right now.

I have him about middle of the pack, but honestly, given the struggles of a lot of quarterbacks this year, I'd have him closer to the 15 range as opposed to 20 (I usually tend to think that there's a drop in tier between 15 and 20...so I may have a group that runs from 12 - 17 for example, with him being closer to the top of that range).  He's going to be an efficiency monster for his career. I have no doubt about that. My question has been and will continue to be what can he do beyond that. Efficiency monsters are only part of the equation (see Jimmy G) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have him about middle of the pack, but honestly, given the struggles of a lot of quarterbacks this year, I'd have him closer to the 15 range as opposed to 20 (I usually tend to think that there's a drop in tier between 15 and 20...so I may have a group that runs from 12 - 17 for example, with him being closer to the top of that range).  He's going to be an efficiency monster for his career. I have no doubt about that. My question has been and will continue to be what can he do beyond that. Efficiency monsters are only part of the equation (see Jimmy G) 

What's interesting is that he has a higher average depth of completion this year than supposedly much more "explosive" QBs like Rodgers and Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

What's interesting is that he has a higher average depth of completion this year than supposedly much more "explosive" QBs like Rodgers and Mahomes. 

Yes, but we also have a history of them being very explosive. 

I'll be honest in that I Didn't know that about Rodgers, and that's super interesting. Not sure what's going on there. I have only watched the one game for the Packers (the 49ers game, where Rodgers ripped the 9ers apart lol). 

Obviously Mahomes has had a host of issues this year, and one of the early season narratives was the proliferation of the use of cover 2 and man 2 coverages being used against him. At one point, he was facing the most of each of those coverages and the least amount of cover 3 and cover 1 (not sure if that is still the same...the Raiders made the mistake of going heavy cover 3 in that game and we see how that played out). The way to beat cover 2 is often to bust them up underneath with check downs, drags, and the run game. It forces you to dink and dunk.  So his statistics in that regard actually do make a ton of sense. 

• Like 1

Herbert's season has been up & down. But:

Den & Balt games i put it on bad Herbert play.  The others not so much.

He is:

#1 qbr

#1 epa

#1 paa

#2 pass epa

#1 raw QBR

#4 PFF

#4 in yds

#5 in tds

#6 in adjust comp% 

#1 in total yds (pass+rush)

#4 in total tds

#1 GWDs

Team has 28 on target drops. 2nd closest Stafford has 23. All this with no run game and year 1 in a new system.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So only his 3 games back coming off an injury are relevant? There are 12 QB's you'd rather have?

I mean he has 12 passing TDs in 8 games, that's not great.. Lowest completion % in the last 5 years. Only 1 game over 300 passing yards. 

I still think he's a top 12 QB and a great QB but his 2021 season has not been good no matter how you look at it imo. 

QB(s) I'd rather have over him right now : Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Brady, Dak, Herbert, Lamar

QBs I can make an argument for : Kyler, Burrow, Stafford

That'd put him somewhere in the 9-12 range. 

I think a change or scenery would be good for him next season.

7 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I mean he has 12 passing TDs in 8 games, that's not great.. Lowest completion % in the last 5 years. Only 1 game over 300 passing yards. 

I still think he's a top 12 QB and a great QB but his 2021 season has not been good no matter how you look at it imo. 

QB(s) I'd rather have over him right now : Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Brady, Dak, Herbert, Lamar

QBs I can make an argument for : Kyler, Burrow, Stafford

That'd put him somewhere in the 9-12 range. 

I think a change or scenery would be good for him next season.

My list wasn't in order so you're not disagreeing with me.