Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

What's the argument for having Tua in the top 10, let alone over Stafford and Burrow?

Tua seems to protect the ball better overall but his last two games have become a little sloppier from a turnover standpoint. All around the same tier but in terms of weapons Tua has the least of the three yet is establishing himself as an equal winner.

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Tua seems to protect the ball better overall but his last two games have become a little sloppier from a turnover standpoint. All around the same tier but in terms of weapons Tua has the least of the three yet is establishing himself as an equal winner.

Weapons aside, I think you're greatly overlooking the big picture here. You're seriously ranking this...

Tagovailoa: 11 games, 7 wins, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, 2339 yards, 94 passer rating (ranked 17th)

...over this?

Burrow: 15 games, 9 wins, 30 TDs, 14 INTs, 4165 yards, 105 passer rating (2nd behind Rodgers)

Stafford: 15 games, 11 wins, 36 TDs, 13 INTs, 4339 yards, 104 passer rating (3rd behind Burrow)

And aside from the stats, which I'm not a big fan of, Burrow and Stafford have flat out looked better. Not to mention Burrow started the season extremely slow coming off surgery; he looked like a shell of his former self for the first quarter of the season. I just don't see the justification.

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Weapons aside, I think you're greatly overlooking the big picture here. You're seriously ranking this...

Tagovailoa: 11 games, 7 wins, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, 2339 yards, 94 passer rating (ranked 17th)

...over this?

Burrow: 15 games, 9 wins, 30 TDs, 14 INTs, 4165 yards, 105 passer rating (2nd behind Rodgers)

Stafford: 15 games, 11 wins, 36 TDs, 13 INTs, 4339 yards, 104 passer rating (3rd behind Burrow)

And aside from the stats, which I'm not a big fan of, Burrow and Stafford have flat out looked better. Not to mention Burrow started the season extremely slow coming off surgery; he looked like a shell of his former self for the first quarter of the season. I just don't see the justification.

It's a week to week thing, and the rankings fluctuate. Burrow has beaten up on some soft teams while turning the ball over a bit and Stafford is coming off a poor game albeit a win. It's not really a set in stone thing at all and means little.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Burrow has beaten up on some soft teams

I assume that just means Baltimore, and not Denver or SF. Dropping 527 yards and 4 TDs hurts him in your rankings?

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

turning the ball over a bit

Burrow hasn't had a turnover in the past 3 weeks.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I assume that just means Baltimore, and not Denver or SF. Dropping 527 yards and 4 TDs hurts him in your rankings?

Not to mention, “beaten up on soft teams”, while Tua is a week removed from an absolute blood bath against the…New York Jets.

Weird points being made.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Dropping 527 and 4 TD's doesn't drop Burrow, it raises him if anything. But weighted against the competition I don't put a ton of stock into it even though overall it is a net positive.

Burrow had some rough patches this year but has been keeping it clean on the stat sheet lately. He is on a good run and his ranking reflects that against the balance of the season.

Tua has been on a two game skid of sorts compared to the rest of the season so this week will be decisive in determining if his ranking should rise, drop again and how far, or stay where it is.

23 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Dropping 527 and 4 TD's doesn't drop Burrow, it raises him if anything. But weighted against the competition I don't put a ton of stock into it even though overall it is a net positive.

Burrow had some rough patches this year but has been keeping it clean on the stat sheet lately. He is on a good run and his ranking reflects that against the balance of the season.

Tua has been on a two game skid of sorts compared to the rest of the season so this week will be decisive in determining if his ranking should rise, drop again and how far, or stay where it is.

Say what you will, but there just isn’t any metric, stats, or game film that justify Tua over Burrow or Stafford currently. But it’s your list, dude. Do as you please. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Say what you will, but there just isn’t any metric, stats, or game film that justify Tua over Burrow or Stafford currently. But it’s your list, dude. Do as you please. 

My trust in Stafford has waned this season because he seems to have a bit of the Lions stench on him when it comes to momentum against his team or the pressure of expectation. I like Stafford overall and think he has had a better season overall than Tua, but I think there really isn't much of a difference between he and Tua in terms of not crapping themselves to lose games.

As for Burrow, I forgot you are a Bengals fan. I concur with Steve Spagnuola when he sees "young Tom Brady" in Burrow. That has been my view since the end of last season, however he had a bit of a rusty start and I am just eager to see him against the Chiefs.

35 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

My trust in Stafford has waned this season because he seems to have a bit of the Lions stench on him when it comes to momentum against his team or the pressure of expectation. I like Stafford overall and think he has had a better season overall than Tua, but I think there really isn't much of a difference between he and Tua in terms of not crapping themselves to lose games.

As for Burrow, I forgot you are a Bengals fan. I concur with Steve Spagnuola when he sees "young Tom Brady" in Burrow. That has been my view since the end of last season, however he had a bit of a rusty start and I am just eager to see him against the Chiefs.

So basically you're pointing out that Tua's floor is higher or equal to Stafford? What about the ceiling? If the Dolphins fall two scores or more behind do you have confidence that Tua can carry a team on his shoulders? I am not sure we have seen that yet with Tua, but we have seen that with Burrow and Stafford.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

4 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

So basically you're pointing out that Tua's floor is higher or equal to Stafford? What about the ceiling? If the Dolphins fall two scores or more behind do you have confidence that Tua can carry a team on his shoulders? I am not sure we have seen that yet with Tua, but we have seen that with Burrow and Stafford.

Yeah at this point, with the same cast, I think Tua's ceiling is higher going forward. Tua has a bit of mobility outside of the pocket which is a nice dimension that Stafford mostly lacks.

As far as proving carrying a team on their shoulders, like I said Stafford is having a better season overall I think but it is close. And I don't think either QB is in the carry their team category right now. Stafford maybe for a season or two did, yeah, and Tua not yet really.