IS Alvin Kamara on HOF pace?

Kiwibrown

Shady has huge from scrimmage yards, and Lynch had some legendary runs,, a unique running style, and a superbowl ring, I think they should both get strong consideration. I would have them both in over Gore, who just kept squeaking out mediocrity for a long time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

There's also the thought that based on the way RBs are being used the way HoF voters value them may change. If Kamara keeps racking up 800/800 high-value seasons and being a, maybe THE key member of a prolific offense, there could (and should) be a solid argument made.

As far as Sayers, he passes the numbers test up to his knee injury; and by all accounts he passed the eyeball test as far as being the best player on the field anytime he stepped on one. So for players who were dominant but suffered career ending/altering injuries, I'm down for allowing a Sayers Exception. I think Dwight Stephenson and Terrell Davis are in due to the just application of this. I wish Sterling Sharpe, and probably Priest Holmes, would get looked at through this lens. 

That perfectly defines Alvin Kamara. 

On 9/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, Tk3 said:

Gale Sayers played during the Vietnam friggin War

Why are we comparing his statistical outputs to Alvin Kamara?

Because it’s been trendy for 20 years for every borderline RB to be compared to Sayers who everyone understands had a short career due to injury but was the best in the league for nearly his entire tenure.

The only people that should ever argue about Sayers are guys like Terrell Davis who could say they were the best nearly every season they played and their numbers are only bad because of injury. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, Tk3 said:

Gale Sayers played during the Vietnam friggin War

Why are we comparing his statistical outputs to Alvin Kamara?

Sayers is the poster boy for a short career still being HoF caliber. Sayers played 4 full season with an abbreviated season in 1968...not counting 1968 where he missed 5 games, he was top 3 in rushing yds all 4 yrs, leading the league in rushing 2x. He led the league in yds/game 3x (including 1968) and was 3rd in the other 2 seasons, finished top 4 in rushing tds in every one of those season but 1968, top 4 in yds/att 65-68 (and 6th in 1969), led the league in all-purpose yds from 66-68, led the league in tds in 66, finished 5th in 67, 3rd in 68. And oh BTW he was a 5 time All-Pro in a career where he only played a smidge over 4.5 seasons. 

Basically everything is there that without a devastating knee injury, he was one of the top 2 or 3 backs in the game and would've continued to be for several yrs. As @lancerman says, it's the same thing as TD - both were pretty clearly among the best backs in the league for the time they played. No one is suggesting we put, say, Curt Warner (who had a very good career) in because of his injuries. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example