Fire Marvin Lewis

TheVillain112

Ha, I just listed a bunch of reasons in the NFL Gen forum about how Marvin is one of the bottom coaches in the league.

• Terrible Clock Management
  • Terrible motivator
  • Little to no control over the players
  • Constantly loses replay challenges
  • Refuses to make halftime adjustments

Apparently I needed to add

• Stubbornly loyal to declining veterans
  • Boneheaded playing time decisions
  • Slow to let young talent play

59 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ha, I just listed a bunch of reasons in the NFL Gen forum about how Marvin is one of the bottom coaches in the league.

• Terrible Clock Management
  • Terrible motivator
  • Little to no control over the players
  • Constantly loses replay challenges
  • Refuses to make halftime adjustments

Apparently I needed to add

• Stubbornly loyal to declining veterans
  • Boneheaded playing time decisions
  • Slow to let young talent play

you forgot one of the big ones

• 0-7 

They're not going to fire him.

...but, i have a pretty strong feeling they aren't re-signing him barring a deep playoff run this year.

Also, pretty dumb if Marvin is the reason Jeremy Hill is still playing.

21 minutes ago, theJ said:

...but, i have a pretty strong feeling they aren't re-signing him barring a deep playoff run this year.

Like I said, stubbornly loyal to declining veterans, and Jeremy Hill has been declining since his rookie year.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think you and I are the last people who still defend him, and we aren't giving much push back. I will say that a performance that is typical post bye and typical against the Steelers gives no reason to move on that we didn't already have.  I also put him third in line of things that need to change after Paul Alexander and starting center.

38 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think you and I are the last people who still defend him, and we aren't giving much push back. I will say that a performance that is typical post bye and typical against the Steelers gives no reason to move on that we didn't already have.  I also put him third in line of things that need to change after Paul Alexander and starting center.

I'm not ever sure i necessarily am defending him.  I don't mind moving on.  I just hope Hue is available when that time comes this offseason, because i'm not sure there's a good HC on the staff already.  I don't really want a complete blow up of the team.  There's talent, just not in a few key areas.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Like I said, stubbornly loyal to declining veterans, and Jeremy Hill has been declining since his rookie year.

I still think he does it to keep Hill mildly focused in games.  Like, if he doesn't play, he will sulk, and if you need him, he can't contribute anything.  marvin still thinks like an old school coach.

But the truth is he isn't contributing much anyway, so who cares if he sulks or not.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I still think he does it to keep Hill mildly focused in games.  Like, if he doesn't play, he will sulk, and if you need him, he can't contribute anything.  marvin still thinks like an old school coach.

But the truth is he isn't contributing much anyway, so who cares if he sulks or not.

He and Martavus Bryant can go cry in a corner together.

5 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

At this point I don’t want Hue anymore. I want someone completely new that comes from a winning program, be that NFL or college. 

The problem with the Browns isn't Hue.  Pair him with Duke Tobin and i think you have a winning formula.  Marvin came from a winning program.  Doesn't always mean everything.

Of course, neither does being an amazing coordinator...

17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

At this point I don’t want Hue anymore. I want someone completely new that comes from a winning program, be that NFL or college. 

same here..

Hue has been clevelandized..he coaches a lot like ole marv now.. plays the wrong players, bad challenges, no adjustments...sound familiar..

I wouldn't mind him back as the OC with our new coach

probably just rather they clean house

Read Hobson’s choice this week at bengals.com, someone asked Hobson why him and all the local beat writers always defend everything and fluff all the players/moves. He basically said he feels like he’s hard on the organization and asks the tough questions. I justed laughed. 

16 hours ago, theJ said:

The problem with the Browns isn't Hue.  Pair him with Duke Tobin and i think you have a winning formula.  Marvin came from a winning program.  Doesn't always mean everything.

Of course, neither does being an amazing coordinator...

Hue is definitely part of the problem.  I love Hue but he's doing a terrible job in a terrible situation:

1. He should not have named Kizer as the starting QB week 1.  Kizer was young and immature, which everyone knew.  Hue still named him the starter week 1.
  2. When Kizer flamed out as everyone expected, he benches him.  Then he benches his replacement (Hogan) and goes back to Kizer.
  3. Then he benches Kizer again for Kesseler.
  4. Then he names Kizer the starter again.

Pretty much has done as bad a job as possible managing the QBs in Cleveland, which is shocking with his background.  Hue just doesn't seem built to be a good HC...

Archived