Fire Marvin Lewis

TheVillain112

35 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Hue is definitely part of the problem.  I love Hue but he's doing a terrible job in a terrible situation:

1. He should not have named Kizer as the starting QB week 1.  Kizer was young and immature, which everyone knew.  Hue still named him the starter week 1.
  2. When Kizer flamed out as everyone expected, he benches him.  Then he benches his replacement (Hogan) and goes back to Kizer.
  3. Then he benches Kizer again for Kesseler.
  4. Then he names Kizer the starter again.

Pretty much has done as bad a job as possible managing the QBs in Cleveland, which is shocking with his background.  Hue just doesn't seem built to be a good HC...

Agreed, but he is also stuck working for a front office staffed by people who actually believe you can use a baseball saber metrics approach to successfully run a football team.  they don't seem to understand that while baseball players can be interchangeable, players truly have to work together and WAR doesn't really work.

It also sounds like management wants the team to start Kizer, but Hue feels the need to win for his professional life.  So Kizer starts, sux,  then gets benched.

20 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Hue is definitely part of the problem.  I love Hue but he's doing a terrible job in a terrible situation:

1. He should not have named Kizer as the starting QB week 1.  Kizer was young and immature, which everyone knew.  Hue still named him the starter week 1.
  2. When Kizer flamed out as everyone expected, he benches him.  Then he benches his replacement (Hogan) and goes back to Kizer.
  3. Then he benches Kizer again for Kesseler.
  4. Then he names Kizer the starter again.

Pretty much has done as bad a job as possible managing the QBs in Cleveland, which is shocking with his background.  Hue just doesn't seem built to be a good HC...

I'm not so sure the front office isn't meddling in that situation. But maybe it is Hue.

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I am not using Hue's experience in Cleveland as any kind of a measuring stick. They have been actively undermining him the whole time he has been there.

Also, I'm sure it doesn't help when he feels like the difference between 2 wins and 6 wins might save his job. If he had any confidence they were giving him time, he'd be coaching differently. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I wanted to see him play the season out. But at least point I’m done. Time to see if any of the other coaches can show potential. 

Putting another coach in his shoes would just be setting that guy up for disaster.

Just now, theJ said:

Putting another coach in his shoes would just be setting that guy up for disaster.

I'll say this.  If we give the head coaching position to Guenther without firing Marvin Lewis right now, I'll be pissed.  I don't want anyone associated with this coaching staff to take over...

13 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'll say this.  If we give the head coaching position to Guenther without firing Marvin Lewis right now, I'll be pissed.  I don't want anyone associated with this coaching staff to take over...

I wouldn't mind keeping paulie G with a new head coach though.  Every time PG talked about being more aggressive, Marvin would neuter him.....publicly.  That's not an ideal situation for the DC.

My dream is Jon Gruden comes, brings brother Jay back, Hue stays in Cleveland one more year and trades for McCarron, then eventually comes back as WRs coach.  AJ would prosper under Hue's aggressive  approach.  

15 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I wouldn't mind keeping paulie G with a new head coach though.  Every time PG talked about being more aggressive, Marvin would neuter him.....publicly.  That's not an ideal situation for the DC.

My dream is Jon Gruden comes, brings brother Jay back, Hue stays in Cleveland one more year and trades for McCarron, then eventually comes back as WRs coach.  AJ would prosper under Hue's aggressive  approach.  

I like Paulie.  My problem is handing him the job next season instead of now.  At least if we do it now, we can see something about his head coaching style...

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

2 people I want for sure gone.  Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander.  Everything else I'd be fine with whatever.

If both are those guys are not gone after this year I might stop watching. Mike Brown clearly doesn't care about winning if he continues to keep them around. 

10 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

If both are those guys are not gone after this year I might stop watching. Mike Brown clearly doesn't care about winning if he continues to keep them around. 

If both are not gone I will probably watch but just not care as much. I agree. The problems with this team are obvious to everyone outside looking in. You would think if one was “fighting for his job” changes would be made. Play guys that haven’t had a chance to show what they can do. Move guys around to different spots on the oline and see if anyone plays better at a different spot. Now is the time for experimentation because this season is over.

Archived