Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) at Chiefs (2-0)

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I think this is going to be a big game for the linebackers. It looks like it’s the only position group with a position battle remaining. 

While not a position group, do we have any inkling yet as to who the returner/s will be?

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

While not a position group, do we have any inkling yet as to who the returner/s will be?

My best guess is that the primary returner is going to be Smith-Marsette both as a kick returner and punt returner.

I’m sure Abdullah and Nwangwu (when healthy) will mix in on kick return as well. Same with Westbrook on punt return, but be also don’t know how extensively they plan to use him on offense. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

My best guess is that the primary returner is going to be Smith-Marsette both as a kick returner and punt returner.

I’m sure Abdullah and Nwangwu (when healthy) will mix in on kick return as well. Same with Westbrook on punt return, but be also don’t know how extensively they plan to use him on offense. 

We don't use the #4 WR much. Osborn looks like he won the #3 job so it'll be hit or miss with Westbrook.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We don't use the #4 WR much. Osborn looks like he won the #3 job so it'll be hit or miss with Westbrook.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/08/26/vikings-offensive-line-to-get-final-preseason-test-at-kansas-city-in-loud-environment/

Chad Beebe is perhaps the leading candidate to be the No. 3 receiver. “I’ve been really encouraged with what he’s doing beating man coverage and just showing up time and again,’’ Cousins said.

• Like 1

This will be my first opportunity to watch the Vikings this preseason - not sure I missed much in the other 2 games... I really like the defense, and as long as everyone stays healthy I think they will be in every game during the regular season because of it. This whole season revolves around figuring out the OL and Cousins avoiding those stinker type games.

I'm not sure this is a super bowl team, but I expect a playoff win, minimum. NFCCG is probably the ceiling if everything goes right. 

Looking forward to watching the starters tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

This will be my first opportunity to watch the Vikings this preseason - not sure I missed much in the other 2 games... I really like the defense, and as long as everyone stays healthy I think they will be in every game during the regular season because of it. This whole season revolves around figuring out the OL and Cousins avoiding those stinker type games.

I'm not sure this is a super bowl team, but I expect a playoff win, minimum. NFCCG is probably the ceiling if everything goes right. 

Looking forward to watching the starters tonight.

At this point, I think this team goes as far as the Offensive Line takes them. If they are an average or above average unit come playoff time, this team could roll. It's going to be really, really hard to run on the defense, which should allow the secondary to be better. If Hunter is as beastly as the reports seem to indicate, that will only help the secondary as well. 

When given a clean pocket and time, Kirk can dissect a defense. He definitely has the weapons around him. It's just a matter of keeping him upright and the defense keeping us in games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

At this point, I think this team goes as far as the Offensive Line takes them. If they are an average or above average unit come playoff time, this team could roll. It's going to be really, really hard to run on the defense, which should allow the secondary to be better. If Hunter is as beastly as the reports seem to indicate, that will only help the secondary as well. 

When given a clean pocket and time, Kirk can dissect a defense. He definitely has the weapons around him. It's just a matter of keeping him upright and the defense keeping us in games. 

Injuries are also going to be key. This team, like so many with expensive players, doesn’t have a lot of proven depth. 

• Like 1