Game #1 - Sun, Sep 12 vs  Cleveland 

onejayhawk

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The strength of the defense has been creating turnovers. They work at it and they're good at it. Chubb was trying to hold onto the ball with three Chiefs punching/pulling at it. I would add the sack, which seemed to put Mayfield in close protection mode. 

That was his first punt all season and the pressure could not be higher.  

How is Hill all alone with a safety? 

Consider what the game would be like if Cleveland did not convert three 4th-down plays. 

You say Mahomes went Mahomes. I say the Chiefs did what the Chiefs do. it works out the same, but it's not all Mahomes. it's also Hill, Kelce, Chris Jones, and now Mike Hughes. 

Bingo!

We acted like Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce were unknowns to us. That was a bad mistake on our part. But NFL games are never perfect, so it was what it was.

I just want to take the game for just that. We gave one of the best teams in the AFC all they wanted before coming up short. It was a wonderful game. Congrats to all of you - see you in January or February.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Bingo!

We acted like Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce were unknowns to us. That was a bad mistake on our part. But NFL games are never perfect, so it was what it was.

I just want to take the game for just that. We gave one of the best teams in the AFC all they wanted before coming up short. It was a wonderful game. Congrats to all of you - see you in January or February.

I don't think February is possible, but certainly January.

I have to give it to Cleveland. They had a plan and they played hard. Like the Chiefs, there are rough spots that need work. That's what September is always like.  

On 9/14/2021 at 10:07 AM, onejayhawk said:

I don't think February is possible, but certainly January.

I have to give it to Cleveland. They had a plan and they played hard. Like the Chiefs, there are rough spots that need work. That's what September is always like.  

Yeah, I was too lazy to look it up earlier, but AFCCG is Sun. Jan 30 at 3 - SB is Feb. 13th.

You all can make me feel better about last Sunday's game by doing me one big favor......

Kick the ever living snot out of Lamar and the Ratbirds this weekend.

Edited by brooks1957

Well, Juan Thornhill was up.

He had a slow start, like most of the defense, but made two critical plays in the second half. The first was the forced fumble. Cleveland fans are putting the blame on Chubb, but Thornhill put a shoulder on the ball at speed. Not many hang on to one of those. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/17/22679930/chiefs-juan-thornhills-second-half-vs-browns-deserves-more-attention-nfl-ravens-tyrann-mathieu