Game #1 - Sun, Sep 12 vs  Cleveland 

onejayhawk

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Kelce does not get to 8000 yards, but he should next week and still beat Gronk's record by six games.

Mahomes now holds the records for most yards and TDs after 50 starts. The former holders were Kurt Warner and Dan Marino. Fast company.

J

Still no pick in September...ever.

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Like, looking at this, I feel like if you swap any of 56 for 50, 22 for 32, or 59 for 55, this play just can't happen. Maybe I'm just coping, but this kind of play isn't a "fire Spags" situation, to me. 

Guard gets right into Nieman straight away, bypassing Nandi like he's nothing. Pulling G (77) executes that perfectly and looks like he pins Kaindoh to open the lane. I guess Kaindoh could have had a more outside alignment and force runner inside, but that's just a perfectly executed run play.

Not a fire Spags, no. 

It's the morning after. We begin to see a few things.

The OL is going to be really good, but it's not there yet. Orlando Bown is going to be a stud LT, but he's not there either. 

Tyrann Mathieu is a big part of the defense's swagger, but it's still there without him. Chris Jones was a monster in the second half and the whole defense was more aggressive and more confident.

Mathieu could have played and wanted to play. The decision was 100% HC Reid. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/12/22670947/andy-reid-says-he-held-tyrann-mathieu-out-of-browns-game

In general, the halftime adjustments were spot on, though most of the adjustment may have been in the gut. 

Chris Lammons turned some heads when he made the roster, but we knew it was for ST. It turns out the staff knew their stuff because Lammons turned in some Pro Bowl level play. I think this is the guy who replaces Sorensen. 

There will be fallout from the Ronnie Harrison ejection. Both sides were in the wrong, but the league may need to drop the hammer on Harrison. It appears the offsite officials saved it from being a much worse situation.

Winners are always looking to improve. For example
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/13/22670811/chiefs-discuss-hill-mahomes-turning-point-of-win-over-browns

Edited by onejayhawk

15 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

It's definitely gonna take some time for not only them to gel but Patty is gonna have to start trusting the interior and start stepping into some of those pockets. 

Yeah, Guard-to-Guard, it seems we're pretty stout. Drew Brees used to live there for New Orleans.

Edited by mayanfootball
  • Like 1

I come in peace from the Land of the Walleyes.

As hurting as we are today, and having taken 24 hours to remove myself from the heat of the moment, I want to extend my congratulations to your squad on a hell of a win yesterday.

Three primary reasons we came up short yesterday.

1). - Chubb's 3rd quarter fumble. Up until that point, everything was going our way. Our offense was humming to stay ahead of your offense that was playing just as well. But good defense on your part, helmet went right on the ball and out it popped.

2). - Gillan's fumbled punt snap - Are you freaking kidding me? It hit our punter dead nuts between his right and left hand at waist level. High school kids catch those 8 days out of every seven. At that point, our collapse was complete. No excuse for that one. I don't care how good of a punter you are, or how much hang time you get - that simply CANNOT happen.

3). - Mahomes' incredible bomb to Hill - we had just pushed the the lead back out to a more comfortable 9 points until.......

Mahomes went Mahomes on us. As I told my boys on our Twitter game boards, there is only one guy that I know of in this league that can make that throw - and he did. Sliding to the right, throwing back across his body without his feet set - and it is a 50 yard plus pass in the air on target...

That when you realize how special of a player he is. Mucho respect.

There were other secondary reasons, but those are really part of the ebb and flow of any NFL game.

Sucks that we lost, but looking forward to seeing you in the playoffs. Hopefully, it is in Cleveland next time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I come in peace from the Land of the Walleyes.

As hurting as we are today, and having taken 24 hours to remove myself from the heat of the moment, I want to extend my congratulations to your squad on a hell of a win yesterday.

Three primary reasons we came up short yesterday.

1). - Chubb's 3rd quarter fumble. Up until that point, everything was going our way. Our offense was humming to stay ahead of your offense that was playing just as well. But good defense on your part, helmet went right on the ball and out it popped.

2). - Gillan's fumbled punt snap - Are you freaking kidding me? It hit our punter dead nuts between his right and left hand at waist level. High school kids catch those 8 days out of every seven. At that point, our collapse was complete. No excuse for that one. I don't care how good of a punter you are, or how much hang time you get - that simply CANNOT happen.

3). - Mahomes' incredible bomb to Hill - we had just pushed the the lead back out to a more comfortable 9 points until.......

Mahomes went Mahomes on us. As I told my boys on our Twitter game boards, there is only one guy that I know of in this league that can make that throw - and he did. Sliding to the right, throwing back across his body without his feet set - and it is a 50 yard plus pass in the air on target...

That when you realize how special of a player he is. Mucho respect.

There were other secondary reasons, but those are really part of the ebb and flow of any NFL game.

Sucks that we lost, but looking forward to seeing you in the playoffs. Hopefully, it is in Cleveland next time.

The strength of the defense has been creating turnovers. They work at it and they're good at it. Chubb was trying to hold onto the ball with three Chiefs punching/pulling at it. I would add the sack, which seemed to put Mayfield in close protection mode. 

That was his first punt all season and the pressure could not be higher.  

How is Hill all alone with a safety? 

Consider what the game would be like if Cleveland did not convert three 4th-down plays. 

You say Mahomes went Mahomes. I say the Chiefs did what the Chiefs do. it works out the same, but it's not all Mahomes. it's also Hill, Kelce, Chris Jones, and now Mike Hughes. 

13 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Guard gets right into Nieman straight away, bypassing Nandi like he's nothing. Pulling G (77) executes that perfectly and looks like he pins Kaindoh to open the lane. I guess Kaindoh could have had a more outside alignment and force runner inside, but that's just a perfectly executed run play.

Not a fire Spags, no. 

Kaindoh shot straight inside and cut off Nnadi lol.   Kaindoh was the most impressive blocker for Cleveland on that play.    Rookie mistake 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 5:12 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Hill kind of quietly had a real good game.

11 catches 197yds 1TD

On pace for 3,349yd on the season.

He always starts the season off well if I’m not mistaken.

im worried about him holding up the full 20 games. You know defenders want to take his head off more than any WR in the league plus he’s got that small frame.

once Cleveland gets OBJ back… if we don’t have a healthy Tyreek that’s a dangerous matchup.

also I changed my mind on Clyde being a HOFer. He’s a 5 foot 6 scat back lol can we get a real running back please. Someone to keep the defense a little more honest and also more punishing. I know that doesn’t fit Andy Reid’s gadget system but it would just make our offense that much more nasty if you think about it.