Jump to content

Game #1 - Sun, Sep 12 vs  Cleveland 


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Not right.

It's a genuine unknown. What is known is that he is fully vaccinated. 

J

He needs to sort this out really. I'm not giving an opinion on what individuals should or shouldnt let in their bodies, but he is representing an establishment that requires you to be physically available week to week. It looks like Cam, amongst other things, got effectively blasted through the doors because of his Covid eff up. I feel Andy is somewhat similarly ruthless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigTrav said:

He needs to sort this out really. I'm not giving an opinion on what individuals should or shouldnt let in their bodies, but he is representing an establishment that requires you to be physically available week to week. It looks like Cam, amongst other things, got effectively blasted through the doors because of his Covid eff up. I feel Andy is somewhat similarly ruthless.

Mathieu was vaccinated. That's his part. There is no indication that he broke any protocols or even did anything foolish. Now it is a matter of two negative tests at least 24 hours apart. That's all there is. Blaming Mathieu is as bad as blaming the President.

Cam was not dropped for getting COVID. He was dropped because the team decided it was OK with Jones and Cam was not going to accept a backup role gracefully. At most, it gave Jones and opportunity to solo and pushed up the timeline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, onejayhawk said:

Mathieu was vaccinated. That's his part. There is no indication that he broke any protocols or even did anything foolish. Now it is a matter of two negative tests at least 24 hours apart. That's all there is. Blaming Mathieu is as bad as blaming the President.

Cam was not dropped for getting COVID. He was dropped because the team decided it was OK with Jones and Cam was not going to accept a backup role gracefully. At most, it gave Jones and opportunity to solo and pushed up the timeline. 

He also would have pissed Mr Belichick off by missing time due to his lack of whatever it was, awareness. No doubt played a part.

But I stand corrected about TM's vaccination etc

Edited by BigTrav
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

He also would have pissed Mr Belichick off by missing time due to his lack of whatever it was, awareness. No doubt played a part.

But I stand corrected about TM's vaccination etc

It gave Mac Jones center stage at a time when Cam needed to prove his value. Instead, Jones proved his readiness. More than pissing of Belichick, it affected the timing of a decision that was already coming. 

In other news, here is a group of stories from the Brown's side.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/chiefs-browns-week-1-behind-enemy-lines-odell-beckham-jr-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah/

Edited by onejayhawk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Final injury report. Mathieu is still in limbo, but did not practice this week. Nnadi, Clark, Clowney, and OBJ are questionable.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/10/22667107/chiefs-vs-browns-final-injury-report-frank-clark-odell-beckham-jr-are-questionable

Chiefs

 

Player Pos Injury Wed Thu Fri Status
Austin Blythe OL Abdomen DNP LP DNP OUT
Frank Clark DE Hamstring LP LP LP QUEST
Mecole Hardman WR Oblique LP FP FP -
Derrick Nnadi DT Hip LP LP LP QUEST
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif G Hand FP FP FP -
Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB Ankle FP FP FP -
Mike Remmers OL Knee FP FP FP -
Trey Smith OL Shoulder FP FP FP -

 

Browns

 

Player Pos Injury Wed Thu Fri Gm
Odell Beckham Jr. WR Knee LP LP LP QUEST
Jadeveon Clowney DE Illness DNP DNP LP QUEST
Grant Delpit S Hamstring LP LP LP QUEST
Michael Dunn G Back DNP DNP LP OUT
Ronnie Harrison Jr. S Ankle LP LP FP QUEST
Rashard Higgins WR Hamstring LP LP FP -
Troy Hill CB Hamstring LP LP FP -
Sione Takitaki LB Hamstring FP FP FP -
JC Tretter C Knee LP LP LP QUEST
Greedy Williams CB Groin LP LP FP -
Tony Fields II LB Illness - DNP DNP -
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird thing: Chiefs still only have 51 players on the active roster.

1 slot obviously is kept open for Tyrann Mathieu. But the other? Still open to sign Kemp? If so - why didn't that happen yet?

Anyone know whether he was at practice this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

It gave Mac Jones center stage at a time when Cam needed to prove his value. Instead, Jones proved his readiness. More than pissing of Belichick, it affected the timing of a decision that was already coming. 

In other news, here is a group of stories from the Brown's side.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/chiefs-browns-week-1-behind-enemy-lines-odell-beckham-jr-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah/

Ergh, well...call me biased but I think both those storylines (OBJ and JOK vs Kelce) both are in our favor.

OBJ isn't that good anymore, he's not exactly that much more of a threat than Landry, say. However they do have a wall of an OL and whilst we do have a pass rush, I'm not too confident here. I am confident in our secondary shutting him down though

As for JOK, see: hype. People are hyping him up based on athletic ability and one play in the preseason. It is TRAVIS effin KELCE! It's Travis Kelce....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should be looking to run more than usual against CLE. OL is much better this year (I really think Thuney is a top 4 guard and other aquisitions), we can spread them out to nickel and dime them, and run from there with success as they sell out to try and contain our passing game and limit explosive plays. They like to run the ball and have long drives, so let's starve them of possession. In our first game last year against HOU we were running the ball well, very balanced attack. CEH had a good debut. Could be similar this opening game too. 

By the way, Chiefs D by rushing EPA last season was 31st in the league, and CLE obviously one of the best rushing teams. We should be better with Reed and Bolton.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen this one

JOK [ johk ]

noun

  • something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
  • something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Have you seen this one

JOK [ johk ]

noun

  • something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
  • something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce:

 

How apt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I think we should be looking to run more than usual against CLE. OL is much better this year (I really think Thuney is a top 4 guard and other aquisitions), we can spread them out to nickel and dime them,

I'm happy to see it if they choose. Throw in some half-back passes too. The Oline enjoys run plays as they can tee - off on the Dline and push 'em around a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Landlord is back. Mathieu has cleared COVID protocols. The team updated its final injury report. Mathieu is listed as Questionable, but is eligible to play. It is reported to be a true game-time decision. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_activate_star_safety_tyrann_mathieu_from_reservecovid_19_list/s1_13132_35840600

 

Edited by onejayhawk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...