Week 8 Roster Moves: Taylor Hart signed; Cherry to PS

Phire

51 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Signing Taylor makes sense now we have him and Gordon as depth. 

Eagles have left Gordon on the practice squad. He tweeted this after we signed Hart.

Hart is now on the 53 and probably going to be backing up one of the tackle spots (my guess is the right side).

Seumalo will be active on game over day cause he can play any line position. He played a little bit at tackle last year.

Not really a great situation depth wise as while Isaac played tackle in college he's more an interior guy and Hart is new to the position.

On 10/25/2017 at 5:55 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eagles have left Gordon on the practice squad. He tweeted this after we signed Hart.

Hart is now on the 53 and probably going to be backing up one of the tackle spots (my guess is the right side).

Seumalo will be active on game over day cause he can play any line position. He played a little bit at tackle last year.

Not really a great situation depth wise as while Isaac played tackle in college he's more an interior guy and Hart is new to the position.

Gordon must look like trash if they left him on the PS and have Taylor Hart up.

I don't think it's an indictment on Gordon. Just that he's not ready for the NFL yet. He's still a project. 

Hart, much like Villanueva, transitioned from DL to OL. I think the difference between Hart and Gordon is that Hart has seen the NFL up close. It happened to be on the defensive side of the ball but I think he knows what it takes. However, he'd be learning on the job which isn't very good in the NFL but he's a backup's backup and what do you really expect?

Strategically speaking, signing Hart is the only way to let them both compete. We couldnt sign Hart to the practice squad anymore (ineligible). It's even possible Gordon has an edge over Hart at this point (obviously very unlikely, but possible). 

As far as we know both Hart and Dillon are projects that need development. If we promoted Dillon we'd have one project. Signing Hart gives us two.

Easy call if we werent bringing in a more established guy.

Archived