Matt Lafleur's Offense

ChaRisMa

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Good to see that's confirmed. It's not an o-line issue either. The offense doesn't look the same

Could ultimately be an OL thing. Not necessarily the OL play itself, but having it affect Rodgers' mentality by pulling the trigger a hair early and not allowing the pass-catchers enough time to break free.

Could also be the lack of MVS so far.

Could also be the pass-catchers aren't as sharp in their routes.

Could also be play-calling.

Could also be Rodgers throwing to Davante who is often doubled and ignoring other guys who would have had 5 yards of separation at the catch...if he had thrown them the ball instead.

If it was only MVS it would be easy to figure out. But you could argue a few other things have came into play. You have to run the ball well enough get 8 defenders in the box. We have been playing ahead quite a bit in the second halves of games. Tonyans entire section in the offense apparently also gone. 

Red Zone aside I really have no qualms about this offense right now but I’m also happy to be able to honestly feel it’s going to get better as we continue while other teams aren’t going to have the depth to stay in the race.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt LaFleur needs more credit than he receives, but I'm ok letting him fly under the radar. I am beyond thrilled to have landed him. What a game. We went into this game without: 

• Starting LT
  • Starting Center
  • #1 WR
  • #2 WR
  • #3 WR
  • #1 EDGE
  • #1 CB
  • #2 CB
  • Short week, travel across 2 timezones
  • No Defensive Coordinator
  • vs the last undefeated team in the league

And he pulls out a win

Bravo, Matt. Bravo.

.795 career record

MLF has more games than Milton Bradley and more tricks up his sleeve than David Copperfield.  Very resourceful coach in using the cards hes dealt.  He called a nearly perfect game yesterday.  There was the three and out that lead to the field goal, and the 4th down and short that was also a throw.  Those gotta be runs, all day every day.  Smart guys can fall into the overthinking trap from time to time, those were direct cases of that.

• Like 1