Matt Lafleur's Offense

ChaRisMa

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Things that make you go hmmm.

Peter Bukowski, who I don't know, don't follow, never heard of, came on the YT chat with Andy Herman and had an interesting hot take. He thinks if teams continue with the 2-high coverage, Randall Cobb may become a more valuable piece to the offense. I understand where he is coming from, but have no clue if he is giving Cobb too much credit. Something to watch I guess. He wonders if Amari put on some weight in the offseason to become stronger and possibly handle some RB snaps some teams may have talked about, because he thinks the college explosion just isn't there.

Guess I didn't feel like Amari had much explosion to him.  He's been about what I expected so far.  He's gonna win, in the future, with smarts, toughness and some quickness.  

11 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Bukowski has a very high opinion of his own opinion.

Indeed he does.
But nobody tops that self-important douchebag Michael Rodney when it comes to stroking his own opinions. Dude would call up a post from 5 years ago just to claim he nailed it. Really pathetic

BTW - Does that knobshiner still post here ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Indeed he does.
But nobody tops that self-important douchebag Michael Rodney when it comes to stroking his own opinions. Dude would call up a post from 5 years ago just to claim he nailed it. Really pathetic

I think he posted a few things right before or after the draft. Dunno if I have seen much since then.

AcmePacking with their film review on MLFs offense vs the Loins

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/9/24/22691678/packers-film-room-aaron-rodgers-and-the-offense-finds-new-life-in-week-2

"...On Monday, they got Jones involved in the passing game to the tune of six receptions for 48 yards and three touchdowns.

The easiest way to remedy the week one struggles was getting Jones involved in the passing game, even if just to hit the checkdown, throw routes out to the flat, or even the swing screen that set up their second touchdown of the game. Whatever the case is, more, not less, of this is always ideal.

On top of that, LaFleur stayed committed to the running game, something they could not do against the Saints."

• 2 weeks later...

AcmePacking with an article on MLF's 3 TE sets... to counter double teams on Davante

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/10/5/22711554/green-bay-packers-tight-ends-davante-adams-pittsburgh-steelers-aj-dillon-robert-tonyan-aaron-rodgers?

"Pittsburgh decided to “double” Adams, so Matt LaFleur made them pay behind the shoulder pads of A.J. Dillon."

usa_today_16891641.0.jpg

On 9/23/2021 at 5:59 PM, Shanedorf said:

Indeed he does.

Tom Silverstein is my own personal just rubs me the wrong way type of guy.....

12 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

When are we going to get Tonyan going 

When will 12 hit him for open tds?  I think in SF he did get going, just as a blocker helping our very inexperienced LT. If we get healthy and have our preferred starting 5 on OL, I think we can get more creative with the TEs. Tonyan will get back to producing in the passing game

I would also think that Tonyan will probably get some more action when a team can stop Jones and Adams.  I suspect Tonyan, MVS, and Cobb will all have some big games this season because the focus is somewhere else.  The Steelers game was Cobb's turn.  San Fran was MVS's turn.  Tonyan did have a pretty productive game against Detroit, but probably could have seen more targets.  He also had 7 targets against the Steelers, according to pro football reference, but they couldn't make a connection.

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

a little 13 personnel smash mouth football  - followed by this shot play.   Shoulda been a TD

I feel like I'm being a **** but this is pretty basic stuff. It's not like oh wow they ran out of heavy then had a guy fake a block and go down field, oh my! 

Which maybe wasn't his point, worked well though. Nice to be able to run the ball and have that in the back pocket regardless

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I feel like I'm being a **** but this is pretty basic stuff. It's not like oh wow they ran out of heavy then had a guy fake a block and go down field, oh my! 

Which maybe wasn't his point, worked well though. Nice to be able to run the ball and have that in the back pocket regardless

Now we just need a real QB

• Like 1