Matt Lafleur's Offense

ChaRisMa

For 2021 MLFs offense is averaging (20.8) 1st downs/game and only (11.4)  3rd downs per game.   (small sample)
This is one of my favorite stats: the ratio of 1st downs / 3rd downs. When an offense is humming along...we don't need no stinkin 3rd downs

2020 offense was # 1 in the league and had a total of (352) 1st downs and only (180) 3rd downs. That was  22.7 / 11.2 per game

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-downs-per-game?

• Like 2

I’m gonna take a moment to point out the one problem this offense hasn’t been able to overcome: Equanimeous St. Brown.

Absolutely done with this guy. I am 100% all in on him being this years first member of the “addition via subtraction” team. We should draw another WR off the pile and give him this guys spot. He never seems to be aware enough to actually execute. If he’s involved in the play design, things fail. Blocking, receiving—I think he probably rode to the game with Crosby today. Enough is enough. Did LaFleur recruit him at Notre Dame or something? He’s had 4/5 chances. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m gonna take a moment to point out the one problem this offense hasn’t been able to overcome: Equanimeous St. Brown.

Absolutely done with this guy. I am 100% all in on him being this years first member of the “addition via subtraction” team. We should draw another WR off the pile and give him this guys spot. He never seems to be aware enough to actually execute. If he’s involved in the play design, things fail. Blocking, receiving—I think he probably rode to the game with Crosby today. Enough is enough. Did LaFleur recruit him at Notre Dame or something? He’s had 4/5 chances. 

The guy that is brought up from the PS to fill in because of injuries is what you are going to ***** about? Life ain't that bad, the Packers are 4-1 and ESB is already back on the PS. So who the next inconsequential player everyone needs to lose sleep over? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, R T said:

The guy that is brought up from the PS to fill in because of injuries is what you are going to ***** about? Life ain't that bad, the Packers are 4-1 and ESB is already back on the PS. So who the next inconsequential player everyone needs to lose sleep over? 

In an offense thread? I don’t have someone else even on the radar to give up on. Sternberger made it after the preseason. It’s a solid team. Lucas Patrick on an expiring contract played well enough for me to wonder why we invested a 2 in a C today but his career is up and down and frankly we’re trying to win it all this year so if he turns to crap in January I will give up on him due to inconsistency. Not that we’d be paying him regardless.

This is footballsfuture. I’m talking about snaps being reduced for a football player in the future. We want to win this ***** this year. We can’t have negative plays every time we involve a particular player even if he’s only involved in one play a game. He’s in his 4th year.

Edited by ChaRisMa

10 hours ago, R T said:

His point is valid.  ESB sucks and every time he gets a chance he screws it up.  He got put into the game a number of times and was a liability.  Injuries happen, put somebody else in to replace that offers some positive instead of crap.  And yes, 4-1 rocks. 

11 hours ago, R T said:

ESB was consequential in that his bad play had negative consequences for the offense

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

His point is valid.  ESB sucks and every time he gets a chance he screws it up.  He got put into the game a number of times and was a liability.  Injuries happen, put somebody else in to replace that offers some positive instead of crap.  And yes, 4-1 rocks. 

St. Brown is a mess .. doesn't deserve any more opportunities.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I'd like you all to start also noticing how bad Deguara has been.  Focused on him 2-3 times yesterday and each time he found a new way to fail.  Of course, he's young and hasn't had the chances that ESB has had yet, but that guy has got to turn it around.  

That was such a terrible pick to begin with.  They reached by a few rounds, and then the guy promptly gets hurt and misses most of his rookie year.  Hopefully the light comes on for him soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That was such a terrible pick to begin with.  They reached by a few rounds, and then the guy promptly gets hurt and misses most of his rookie year.  Hopefully the light comes on for him soon.

He’s, for all intents and purposes, a rookie taking care of odds and ends. One of these times we’ll get some Tom Crabtree level production outta him.

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yes terrible pick, 3rd rounder at 94th overall last year. He should of been a 10 time Pro Bowler by now. Fire everyone now. 

12 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I'd like you all to start also noticing how bad Deguara has been.  Focused on him 2-3 times yesterday and each time he found a new way to fail.  Of course, he's young and hasn't had the chances that ESB has had yet, but that guy has got to turn it around.  

I’ve been noticing, especially the past 2 games where he clearly didn’t take care of business and wrecked the play and sometimes the drive. He’s young, showed some promise last year and I think he can play with toughness if the injury isn’t keeping him a half step slow.  I hope he’s the type of player that sees what he’s put on film and then gets down to work correcting it. He’s got a long way to go.