Saints tickets are selling for as little $1

CKSteeler

Saints are first team to require proof of vaccination or a negative test to attend. I don't think many teams will follow their lead here, given how much money the league lost last season not having fans in stadiums. The article also isn't clear as to which tickets are selling for that. Because if its preseason, that obviously makes a difference. But the fans still don't seem to be going for this, at least in New Orleans.

The Saints are playing the first game in the NFL to require fans to be vaccinated or provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test. What has that done to ticket prices for Monday night? Driven them straight into the ground.

According to Darren Rovell, some tickets on the secondary market are selling for less than $1 before fees.

As of this moment, StubHub has tickets for as cheap as $6. So, while it’s not the lowest on the secondary market, they’re still absurdly cheap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/saints-tickets-are-selling-for-less-than-1-after-the-team-requires-fans-to-be-vaccinated-or-have-a-negative-covid-19-test/ar-AANEjUB

Not sure how long this topic will last, or if it will be allowed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lol

GB tickets were selling for a few bucks too in pre-season. Every team does I'm sure.

I checked out ticket prices for the Steelers 4th preseason game and they are still selling at a minimum of $27. I looked at prices for the Steelers first game against the Bills and they start in the $200's compared to $120 noted above for the Saints first game. I don't have time to compare all the teams etc.

I noted in my original post that the article was a bit misleading because it was referring to preseason. But there does seem to be a bit more to this than just "lol preseason."

I think the proof will be in what their actual attendance actually ends up being.

Edited by CKSteeler

7 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I checked out ticket prices for the Steelers 4th preseason game and they are still selling at a minimum of $27. I looked at prices for the Steelers first game against the Bills and they start in the $200's compared to $120 noted above for the Saints first game. I don't have time to compare all the teams etc.

I noted in my original post that the article was a bit misleading because it was referring to preseason. But there does seem to be a bit more to this than just "lol preseason."

No, there isn't. At all. Saints tickets are cheaper than average and have been for some time. Average 2019 cost of a Steelers game was about 10 dollars more expensive, and you're drawing conclusions from a pre-season game with literally no primary source or link to anything substantive. Superdome tickets are usually cheaper than comparative market.

You're pushing a totally random arbitrary narrative with nothing substantive backing it pushed by a conservative podcast host from Wisconsin about New Orleans Saints ticket prices for a pre-season game against a team that won a single game last year to try and prove that vaccinations have literally any kind of impact on ticket sales.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

No, there isn't. At all. Saints tickets are cheaper than average and have been for some time. Average 2019 cost of a Steelers game was about 10 dollars more expensive, and you're drawing conclusions from a pre-season game with literally no primary source or link to anything substantive. Superdome tickets are usually cheaper than comparative market.

You're pushing a totally random arbitrary narrative with nothing substantive backing it pushed by a conservative podcast host from Wisconsin about New Orleans Saints ticket prices for a pre-season game against a team that won a single game last year to try and prove that vaccinations have literally any kind of impact on ticket sales.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2021/08/18/ticket-prices-fall-green-bay-packers-season-opener-new-orleans/5539912001/

Well, that article provides more numbers and shows that yes - Saints ticket prices have been declining for that week 1 game. They dropped over $20 in the past week. They dropped substantially after the announcement was made. And they are below league averages.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also it's not an article it's an op-ed lol

Which changes nothing about the numbers provided,which you haven't questioned.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2021/08/18/ticket-prices-fall-green-bay-packers-season-opener-new-orleans/5539912001/

Well, that article provides more numbers and shows that yes - Saints ticket prices have been declining for that week 1 game. They dropped over $20 in the past week. They dropped substantially after the announcement was made. And they are below league averages.

Which changes nothing about the numbers provided,which you haven't questioned.

What numbers? A dude from a tweet? A screenshot with no links and no documentation linking to anything? The Raiders ALSO announced they would enforce these restrictions, why are there no indications they have a lower general price? There's nothing cited here other than a crypto guy posting pre-season ticket prices and an article that says itself COVID in general is keeping travel low and effecting fan enthusiasm before any of the restrictions were announced. And that average ticket cost is down LEAGUE WIDE.

The overall average of the lowest-cost tickets in August for all games of the season was $157 on Aug. 17. The price was determined by dividing the total of lowest-cost prices for all games in the season by the total number of games.

That is the lowest it's been in August in four years (excluding 2020). The others were:

August 2017: $160 per ticket average

August 2018: $171 per ticket average

August 2019: $166 per ticket average  

"You have to believe that COVID is still having some impact," Bill Wenzel, president of Green Bay Ticket Service, Ashwaubenon, said earlier in August.

Come on man you're not being subtle and trying to draw a conclusion from a Daily Caller op-ed and some pretty bizarre presupposition from one article that doesn't even SUPPORT that presupposition in the first place.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

why are there no indications they have a lower general price?

I'm not sure what you mean here, but the article breaks down the averages league wide and shows that the Saint tickets which started above that have declined to well below it.

The Raiders ALSO announced they would enforce these restrictions, why are there no indications they have a lower general price?

Raiders tickets are actually selling stronger than anyone else's. Being in a new hometown would seem to be the biggest factor there, though there's also probably a pretty big difference in views among people in Nevada versus Louisiana/New Orleans.

Come on man you're not being subtle and trying to draw a conclusion from a Daily Caller op-ed and some pretty bizarre presupposition from one article that doesn't even SUPPORT that presupposition in the first place.

What numbers would support it? Because we have:

1. The numbers in the immediate aftermath of the announcement

2. A general downward trend, including down over $20 in the past week

3. Numbers compared to the league average.

I think that yea - there's definite warning signs there for other teams who may follow suit, particularly in, say, the deep South.

The average of the lowest-cost tickets at nine secondary-market websites for the Green Bay Packers' Sept. 12 game at New Orleans was $146 on Tuesday, compared with $217 when the schedule was released in May and $169 only one week ago.

The announcement on vaccines, tests and masks was made between the two days the ticket prices were compared.

The overall average of the lowest-cost tickets in August for all games of the season was $157 on Aug. 17. The price was determined by dividing the total of lowest-cost prices for all games in the season by the total number of games.

Note that this article is from August 18th, and you are finding tickets starting at $120 for that game now a week later.

Edited by CKSteeler

Why would the Saints (or any NFL team) care too much what secondary ticket prices are?  They’ve already sold-out all of their box office tickets, which is where they are going to make their real money. Those seats are still going to be filled by fans, so they are still going to sell parking and concessions. So if those fans sitting in the seats are the ones that bought them originally or for $1 on stubhub it doesn’t really matter to the team financially. The only real impact would be if it caused them to not sell out tickets next year, which would be quite the stretch to say happens. 

• Like 1