RB Sony Michel traded to the LA Rams

Iron_man

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Huge win for the Patriots. Not sure what the Rams get out of this; Michel was probably going to be cut. Even if he wasn't, is he that much better than another RB from some other team, or maybe even from the Patriots, who would have gotten cut?

Rams have a Super Bowl caliber team and once Akers went down, huge hole at RB. Can't afford to mess around.

We have a ton of draft picks next year so while the 4th is a little more than I'd want to give up, I'm fine with it. Well still have 9 picks or so next year.

I also imagine that this is who we wanted considering our RBs coach coached him in college.

And - if he plays well for us, he himself will fetch us a comp pick for the following year.

Huge win for my fantasy teams. I picked him up in two drafts before this trade was made. He was always going to be an interesting option because ether he'd do well enough in New England and get random touches and good games like Patriots RB's do, or he'd get cut and catch on somewhere else and make some impact. The Rams is a good situation for him for sure.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

I was a big fan of Michel with what he did in 2018. He looked really good towards the back end of the year, in particular, and won the SB for the Pats. I feel he's been a bit 'meh' in the last two seasons, but it's a smart pick up and gives us a different option than just running Henderson into the ground. 

He was actually pretty good last year. 

30 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams have a Super Bowl caliber team and once Akers went down, huge hole at RB. Can't afford to mess around.

We have a ton of draft picks next year so while the 4th is a little more than I'd want to give up, I'm fine with it. Well still have 9 picks or so next year.

I also imagine that this is who we wanted considering our RBs coach coached him in college.

And - if he plays well for us, he himself will fetch us a comp pick for the following year.

If he doesn't get injured, I love this for the Rams.

They give up a 4th but I think they get back a 4th or 5th if they don't make big signings.

Sony rushed for 5.7 yards per carry last year, is healthy now, in a contract year and according to our beat writers looked good in training camp.

Schefter thinks he'll take the lead back role and I agree with it. 

He isn't great but I believe he will be better than a lot of people think.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

They give up a 4th but I think they get back a 4th or 5th if they don't make big signings.

Sony rushed for 5.7 yards per carry last year, is healthy now, in a contract year and according to our beat writers looked good in training camp.

Before this trade we were looking at 11 picks with comp picks coming in, just no 1st rounder. And per the tweet above it's a 4th rounder only if we get one like projected for John Johnson III. He'll provide good depth for us and get some carries alongside Henderson.

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

If Michel is the lead back that is great news for fantasy football owners. Every back that has been a lead back in a McVay offense has thrived. The Rams offense lives in the redzone and they run the ball a ton when they get there. Michel should easily get 12 tds if he stays healthy and he will be the x-factor outside of Stafford on offense down the stretch of the season and if the Rams can get into the playoffs which many think they will. Especially if the Rams have to go to TB or play in the cold in GB. Michel has played in the cold in NE so he won’t have an issue. Plus he has played in big games. The Superbowl where the Pats beat the Rams he was 18/94/1 averaging 5.2ypc. Again I think this is a great move by the Rams. 

• Like 1

Michel is a decent back, but nothing special. He'll go as the OL goes, but won't make anything happen himself. Theoretically decent hands, but dropped a ton his first year and ended up in Brady's dog house. Can be a good all round contirbutor if he stays healthy.

Makes sense for the Pats, whatever happened they were going to have cut an NFL-worthy RB. This clears up the situation. Harris, Taylor, White, Stevenson is a good group.

Kind of saw this one coming.

Michel isn't even what he was at Georgia anymore, but it is his first "healthy" season.

I also feel the Patriots didn't utilize him correctly by trying to make him an early down runner in a power scheme.

He was always better off being a change of pace guy at 10 touches per game.

Not sure if the Rams can afford to keep him efficient though. Henderson isn't making it out of game one healthy...

36 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

yep, bad news for Houston.

Genuinely curious. Are we blaming Caserio for the bad draft picks because BB can't do wrong or was he legit the top guy in NE and responsible for the draft. I always thought BB was the called the shots, not to say drafting isn't an organization wide operation, but typically the guy pulling the trigger receives most of the blame for failed draft picks.