Possible Roster Upgrade Targets As Roster Cuts Loom

Just Want A Title

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Remember I checked in to see if ya'll had any interest in WR Tim Patrick, got scoffed at. He'd look real good in DET uni now 🙄

Did you bump a 2 months old post that you hadn't even posted in to say the weakest "I told you so" of all time? You're in danger of being scoffed at again.

• Like 1

Remember I checked in to see if ya'll had any interest in WR Tim Patrick, got scoffed at. He'd look real good in DET uni now 🙄

i mean not really brother. but if it makes you feel better feel good I guess. I bet you're having as much fun watching Denver as Lions fans watching Detroit.  looked like they were gonna do something first couple weeks what happened??? 

3 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

i mean not really brother. but if it makes you feel better feel good I guess. I bet you're having as much fun watching Denver as Lions fans watching Detroit.  looked like they were gonna do something first couple weeks what happened??? 

Not close, DEN is on a rollercoaster, DET is in a freefall....

8 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Not close, DEN is on a rollercoaster, DET is in a freefall....

Freefall where exactly? To the bottom? Everyone knew we were going to be lucky to get a win coming into the season. We are exactly where we thought we would be. I wouldn’t call that a freefall.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

I believe you were scoffed at for the price, not the player.  And I still wouldn't pay that price especially with the contract attached to it.  Patrick makes a fine #3, but I wouldn't trust him to be our #1. 

Unfortunately our GM decided to overpay for a different WR from your team and said player can't get on the field here.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I believe you were scoffed at for the price, not the player.  And I still wouldn't pay that price especially with the contract attached to it.  Patrick makes a fine #3, but I wouldn't trust him to be our #1. 

Unfortunately our GM decided to overpay for a different WR from your team and said player can't get on the field here.  

But as I recall, I never put out a a asking price, just asked if there was interest in him from DET

But as I recall, I never put out a a asking price, just asked if there was interest in him from DET

You said you would get a high comp pick if he left and wanted more for him.  As I said back then, if you think you would get a 2nd or 3rd, which would be better than a comp pick, then you are crazy, and I still feel that way.  I would have been all for making the trade for Patrick that we made for Benson, but not more than that.  Which is the same stance I and many others had back then.  We knew someone was going to get cut from your WR core, unfortunately the real Lions overpaid for the wrong one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You said you would get a high comp pick if he left and wanted more for him.  As I said back then, if you think you would get a 2nd or 3rd, which would be better than a comp pick, then you are crazy, and I still feel that way.  I would have been all for making the trade for Patrick that we made for Benson, but not more than that.  Which is the same stance I and many others had back then.  We knew someone was going to get cut from your WR core, unfortunately the real Lions overpaid for the wrong one. 

Nah, not true, but feel free to prove me wrong on this. I never thought we get more than a 4th/5th for him back then, even now I don't think a 2nd or 3rd is possible. But I do agree, Benson was the wrong trade, Patrick is so much better and would've looked better on the Lions team

20 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Eh, not really. He'd be in the same boat as Josh Reynolds, who we didn't need to give up draft capital to get. My answer is still No. 

• Like 1