? Week Eight: Panthers (4-3) @ Bucs (2-4)

bucsfan333

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Y'know. I knew this. But it's even scarier to see it written down. Cam finna tear us apart.

might force Smith to rethink his quarters coverage and go to a 2 or 3 deep coverage.  As much as that looks ugly, the current defense is giving up 69 percentage and being shredded in the  run game.  I know the old adage "well it could be worse".  In this circumstance, I ll suggest probably not because this defense is severely broken right now.

54 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

might force Smith to rethink his quarters coverage and go to a 2 or 3 deep coverage.  As much as that looks ugly, the current defense is giving up 69 percentage and being shredded in the  run game.  I know the old adage "well it could be worse".  In this circumstance, I ll suggest probably not because this defense is severely broken right now.

Jesus. Ryan Smith, Hargreaves, and Elliott our top 3 corners this Sunday. It might be ugly for the pass defense. Expecting a lot of safety help over the top, 2 man press.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Jesus. Ryan Smith, Hargreaves, and Elliott our top 3 corners this Sunday. It might be ugly for the pass defense. Expecting a lot of safety help over the top, 2 man press.

They have to let Smith play closer to LOS.  Expecting him to turn his hips  like Grimes, just isn't feasible with him being bigger.  I'm hoping for a simpler game plan then the weird stunts and cover 4, which hasn't worked this year.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

They have to let Smith play closer to LOS.  Expecting him to turn his hips  like Grimes, just isn't feasible with him being bigger.  I'm hoping for a simpler game plan then the weird stunts and cover 4, which hasn't worked this year.

Smith should be fine this week against a bigger less shiftier WR core. Diggs was giving him the business all day with his routes but KB/Funchess won't have that same style. He should still play closer to the LOS but I like this match-up for him. I doubt Keuchly plays Sunday so it may have gotten a little easier for the offense.

8 minutes ago, indifference said:

Smith should be fine this week against a bigger less shiftier WR core. Diggs was giving him the business all day with his routes but KB/Funchess won't have that same style. He should still play closer to the LOS but I like this match-up for him. I doubt Keuchly plays Sunday so it may have gotten a little easier for the offense.

This is what I don't understand with the general structure of the defense.  Against Minny,  I would have thought they would have given safety help being his first start as opposed to playing cover 4 having the safeties play soft and stay in the middle of the field.  Smith is going to play conservative with no safety help, it s human nature for him to not want to get burned in his first start.  I think Smith really is putting his outside CBs on such an island with this off coverage, there confidence is shot.  My hope is he just tries a more traditional type of difference this week.   If Cam can beat them with accurate throws with normal structure of a back 7, so be it.  They play a lot of quarters, I see Carolina throwing to their WRS and just boxing out the CBs like a rebound in basketball.   Just my opinion,  maybe I'm way off base.

Our defense is so broken. Offense may start to be clicking but coaches on the defensive side are killing this team. Sure we don't have the best personnel but at the very least put players in a position to succeed. Looks like it's going to be another long season. I'd be pissed too if I was Gerald. Mike Smith better be fired this season.

Archived