Marvel: Midnight Suns (Firaxis, 2022)

Kiltman

I've fought Fallen Venom way too many times at this point. Cool that I now have the Symbiotic suit but I'm stuck on the story mission where you have to kill the guy with the anti symbiote card then a whole bunch of elite reinforcement guys come in when you use it. Might have to down the difficulty. I've tried and failed close to 10 times now.

5 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I've fought Fallen Venom way too many times at this point. Cool that I now have the Symbiotic suit but I'm stuck on the story mission where you have to kill the guy with the anti symbiote card then a whole bunch of elite reinforcement guys come in when you use it. Might have to down the difficulty. I've tried and failed close to 10 times now.

Was one of the tougher missions for sure, failed it a few times too.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the season pass was on sale. Might grab it so I can play all the DLC's. But I finally just finished up the story this past weekend and I need a break from this game. It's good and all but I wish there was more diversity in the cards. Hulks midnight sun ability is so much fun. Literally wipes the arena clean.

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Saw the season pass was on sale. Might grab it so I can play all the DLC's. But I finally just finished up the story this past weekend and I need a break from this game. It's good and all but I wish there was more diversity in the cards. Hulks midnight sun ability is so much fun. Literally wipes the arena clean.

I’m looking forward to doing a new game+ or other playthrough with all the DLC characters in it. The enemy variety would be nice.

Storm should be out next month, hope we hear about a larger expansion coming or at least more characters coming.

• 5 months later...

I needed a new strategy game to play, so I picked this up for the Steam Deck. The legendary edition, that comes with the season pass and I think all of the DLC, is only $40 right now on Steam. I love it so far; I think I'm only on day 6? I'm finally getting some new abilities and upgrades that make certain heroes not garbage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

How long is this game? And are there downsides of doing lots of non-story missions before continuing with the story? I'm a completionist so I want to do and explore everything, but I know how Xcom is and I want to make sure there aren't unintended consequences of doing so.

Depends to your first question. I did just about every side quest and mission I could, so I played for a LONG time. I'd keep on doing side missions too if you're having fun. It helps to learn stuff better. There aren't really the XCOM consequences you are referring to. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Depends to your first question. I did just about every side quest and mission I could, so I played for a LONG time. I'd keep on doing side missions too if you're having fun. It helps to learn stuff better. There aren't really the XCOM consequences you are referring to. 

Great, thanks. With the game only allowing you to do 1 mission each day cycle, I thought there were maybe some planned Xcom-like events that happened at specific days, and if certain story missions weren't fulfilled by a certain day, some 'bad stuff' would happen. Glad to hear that isn't the case.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Great, thanks. With the game only allowing you to do 1 mission each day cycle, I thought there were maybe some planned Xcom-like events that happened at specific days, and if certain story missions weren't fulfilled by a certain day, some 'bad stuff' would happen. Glad to hear that isn't the case.

Well without spoiling too much, the bolded CAN happen, but it does not affect the latter. iirc, you can do the missions whenever you want. You might not be able to progress at the house as much until you do main missions, but that's fine. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Well without spoiling too much, the bolded CAN happen, but it does not affect the latter. iirc, you can do the missions whenever you want. You might not be able to progress at the house as much until you do main missions, but that's fine. 

Yeah the house stuff you’ll want to do, sometimes it’ll seem like you missed something but they are waiting for you to progress the story.

Certain story stuff will unlock new regions and enemies, I think the vampire stuff in the DLC starts pretty early getting added to the random missions. They purposely pace those out for you to not undercut / take away from the main story.

glad you like it @minutemancl, Hoping 2K was right about it having a long tail of popularity and we get an expansion. I played it so much January-March.

• Like 1

I'm addicted to this game, btw. Started to really get a handle on it. 

The DLC may be the most smoothly integrated DLC I've ever experienced. I've only got Morbius and Deadpool so far, but unlocking them and their story missions feel like part of the main game. Storm somehow showed up before I even went and did any of her story missions.

• Like 2