Call of Duty Vanguard

Texansfan713

The SBMM in the Alpha is THICK. 😅

I've been watching JGOD for like two hours and he is getting dominated and routinely finishing outside the top-3. That should not be happening to a top tier streamer with another good teammate. 

Everyone I've seen talking about this game says the first 1-3 games are super easy, and then immediately SBBM kicks in hard.

I got Cold War for really cheap. Honestly, that game was probably decent, but I didn't like it all that much. My biggest issue with CoD is the sniping. It's just annoying running around and getting quick scoped by a sniper that's running around using the gun like a shotgun. I know CoD has always been like that, but I just don't enjoy that aspect of the game anymore.

With that said, I'm currently downloading the Vanguard alpha on PS5. I expect it to be a typical CoD game, which can be fun at times if you get into some good lobbies.

• Like 1

After playing the beta for many hours.... it just reinforced my thought that I am not buying this.

The ammo mods like frangible/explosive are such BS, and with SO many attachments, including the magazine mods that completely change the entire feel of the gun, there is no way they will be able to balance the guns/attachments. I guarantee there will be broken/meta setups all year.

On top of this, it takes so long to fully level up a weapon, and until you do so, you are at an extreme disadvantage with how powerful some attachments are.

The maps are not as bad as MW2019, but still really bad. Constantly getting shot in the back. Anytime you try to move across the map there are 13 different sight lines to get shot from.  The Red Star map is AWFUL (especially in 6v6).

Spawns are EASILY the worst I have ever seen in 12+ years of playing COD. I've gotten multiple quad+ feeds because a whole group of enemies spawned right in front of me. That is something they can fix with enough data, but wow it is unacceptably bad.

Visibility is really bad. The weather effects and random haze, combined with ridiculous muzzle flash/smoke make it so hard to see enemies. I've been playing on PS5 so the framerate and resolution is fine, but I've heard it is almost unplayable on last gen consoles.]

WHY are they going back to killstreaks? The BO:CW system was also garbage, but killstreams just promote camping and not playing the objective. The BO2/BO3 scorestreak system was absolutely perfect and I don't know why they changed it.

Body Armor is absolute BS and needs to be removed. 

Sprint out times are way too slow.

The 1st-shot-recoil can get severely jacked up with certain attachments and make some guns unusable. It just feels really weird.

It is dumb they are using the horrible MW2019 minimap but give a perk to give the "classic" minimap. Everyone is going to use that, so now there are functionally only 2 perks.

Having Ghost, Flak Jacket, and Tac Mask all in the Tier 1 perk slot (and no wildcards) is so terrible.

They made a WW2 game, but aren't using factions? What? Why even bother giving the game a theme then? It is impossible to tell teammates from enemies except for the nametags above their head.

I hate that they brought back the attack dogs streak..... I refuse to shoot dogs. :( 

They can fix a lot of things like spawns, visibilty, recoil, etc., but so many design decisions that aren't going to change like the map designs, perks, gunsmith system, ammo types, mini map, etc. are all just really weird and seem to be pandering towards casual players, slow down the game, lower the skill gap, and give easy kills. 

• Like 2

This might be the worst COD I've ever played.  I played about 10 matches tonight, the spawns were the worst I've ever seen in a game, I can't tell you how many times I watched a killcam of a guy spawning and then killing me.

I mostly play Warzone but I will 100% not be buying this game, maybe they get the integration right, but I don't see how they balance these weapons at launch. 

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

This might be the worst COD I've ever played.  I played about 10 matches tonight, the spawns were the worst I've ever seen in a game, I can't tell you how many times I watched a killcam of a guy spawning and then killing me.

I mostly play Warzone but I will 100% not be buying this game, maybe they get the integration right, but I don't see how they balance these weapons at launch. 

Not surprising, COD games go in 3s--the only 2 games in the last 6 years to be actually good were BO3 and MW2019.

Black Ops 2- Great

Ghosts- Sucked

Advanced Warfare- Sucked

Black Ops 3- Great

Infinite Warfare- Sucked

WWII- Sucked

Black Ops 4- Sucked

MW2019- Great

Coldwar- Sucked

Vanguard- Is Going To Suck

COD 2022- Probably Great

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

MW2019- Great

Coldwar- Sucked

Vanguard- Is Going To Suck

Not sure how you can think MW2019 was great but Vanguard is going to suck. Basically the same game with all the same problems. 

I think BO4 and  CW were both much, much better than MW2019. Still not great like BO2/BO3, but not bad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 4:07 PM, Heimdallr said:

Not sure how you can think MW2019 was great but Vanguard is going to suck. Basically the same game with all the same problems. 

I think BO4 and  CW were both much, much better than MW2019. Still not great like BO2/BO3, but not bad.

hard treyarch fanboy here

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:36 PM, Heimdallr said:

After playing the beta for many hours.... it just reinforced my thought that I am not buying this.

The ammo mods like frangible/explosive are such BS, and with SO many attachments, including the magazine mods that completely change the entire feel of the gun, there is no way they will be able to balance the guns/attachments. I guarantee there will be broken/meta setups all year.

On top of this, it takes so long to fully level up a weapon, and until you do so, you are at an extreme disadvantage with how powerful some attachments are.

I've genuinely never enjoyed a single CoD multiplayer experience, but it feels like this is where the entire industry is headed.  It's not about created a fun, balanced videogame anymore.  It's about created that "meta" or at least a perception of a "meta" via the most famous talking heads on youtube...to generate interest in a game, and to drive revenue.  Both by creating "hot takes" about the meta, and simply by making everyone else feel like they're distinctly down on firepower until they cave to "buy" their way into something good (whatever the meta d'jour is?).  Hate it.

The maps are not as bad as MW2019, but still really bad. Constantly getting shot in the back. Anytime you try to move across the map there are 13 different sight lines to get shot from.  The Red Star map is AWFUL (especially in 6v6).

This actually sounds appealing to me.  Conceptually.  In any of the CoDs i've played very badly, i've never had a problem with getting shot in the back.  Getting straight up gunned down from the front constantly?  Yeah.  Losing a gunfight to somebody peaking cover like a nerd?  Absolutely.  Getting murked by someone i snuck up on from behind and failed to kill?  You betcha!  But the one thing i can honestly say i've never had a complaint with in CoD games that i hate...is getting killed from behind all the time.  I never get killed from behind in CoD games.  So that seems like an interesting development.

Visibility is really bad. The weather effects and random haze, combined with ridiculous muzzle flash/smoke make it so hard to see enemies. I've been playing on PS5 so the framerate and resolution is fine, but I've heard it is almost unplayable on last gen consoles.

Also seems like "a thing" these days.  If it looks good in the trailer, that's more important than if it works in the actual game.  Because that makes sense.

It is dumb they are using the horrible MW2019 minimap but give a perk to give the "classic" minimap. Everyone is going to use that, so now there are functionally only 2 perks.

tbh, i've been staunch anti mini-map since Goldeneye N64.  The best thing any videogame can ever do to improve itself in a PvP setting, is entirely eliminate the minimap altogether.  It makes no ******* sense, and it just sucks the fun out of everything.  So...no mini map is better than any mini-map.

They made a WW2 game, but aren't using factions? What? Why even bother giving the game a theme then? It is impossible to tell teammates from enemies except for the nametags above their head.

Welcome to 2021, where Nazis and Soviets and American Patriots are all intermingling congenially.  Are there differences, sure?  Did they fight an entire largest war in history over this stuff?  Sure.  Who were the good guys and bad guys?  Not really that clear.  Probably just pick a flag to wave i guess?  That totally makes sense...

I hate that they brought back the attack dogs streak..... I refuse to shoot dogs. :( 

This, i'm not that bothered by.  Wake me up for outrage when they have attack cats that you have to shoot.  But honestly...don't bother, because unless they're balanced improperly...a big cat gonna kill your *** before you even have a chance to think about shooting it.

Edited by Tugboat