Jameis Winston named Saints starting QB

notthatbluestuff

Really the only chance Hill had of winning this battle was if Payton decided to just let his personal feelings for a player cloud everything else.  Otherwise Winston is flat-out better.

Hate to say it but I think Winston is going to have a great year.  I'm not sure if you will ever be able to cut out the dumb decisions here and there, that is just Winston and has been since his days at FSU.  But he'll definitely not be turning it over 30+ times again (then again, if anyone could do it...), and I think even in Tampa he always showed that he had the skill-set to be a top 10 QB.  It's just about getting that consistently together and I feel like he can do that with Payton, Kamara, and Thomas helping him out along with what should still be a good OL.  Plus a much better running game than he ever had in Tampa, other than that one season Dougie had.

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a feeling he's gonna put it all together this year.

• Like 6

Well deserved for Jameis. He has been a great teammate since signing here last season and didn't make a fuss when he didn't get snaps last season. It appears he has been putting in tons of work to improve his game and it sounds like his attitude has been different here from his Tampa Bay days, so maybe he takes this opportunity and shows why he was a former #1 overall pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Really the only chance Hill had of winning this battle was if Payton decided to just let his personal feelings for a player cloud everything else.  Otherwise Winston is flat-out better.

I honestly hope the "Taysom Hill could be a starting QB" argument dies with this.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I honestly hope the "Taysom Hill could be a starting QB" argument dies with this.

You know it won't. The second Jameis struggles (which, based on past history, is going to happen) people will clamor for Taysom Hill like we haven't already seen how it looks when he throws a football