Preseason Week 3 GDT - Las Vegas Raiders at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Preseason football really just flew by...or it felt that way for me at least lol....One more game to go before the real season starts! Some things I'm looking forward to in this game:

-Not expecting Kinlaw, Bosa and Ford to play much, but I'm hoping the series or two that they play, they make their impact felt and make some plays behind the LOS. I don't need to see a lot of them, but would be nice to see them get out there for a few plays.

-Can Lenoir continue his great play? He started to get some nickel reps this week and when he was drafted, a few of us thought it was to eventually replace Williams. Just want to see him continue to play sticky coverage.

-Looking forward to seeing Williams and Mack also go out and play for a few series. Moore has done a decent job replacing Williams...But really you just can't replace Williams as he very well may be the best player on the team. Mack has been good in camp and I want to see how the starting OL gel.

-Elijah Mitchell was back at practice and should make his preseason debut on Sunday. Our backs haven't really broken any long runs through two weeks, can Mitchell change that?

-Curious to see the safety rotation and who starts and who plays with the 2nd unit. Tartt returned to practice but I doubt he plays but Wilson should be back. Does Hufanga still get the start or do they go with Wilson? How about Clinton-Dix? Will he make the team?

-Last but not least, of course the QBs!!! How does Shanny play them on Sunday? Does he rotate them in and out like he has been in practice or does he just elect to go with Jimmy in the early going and then goes to Lance in the 2nd half or late part of the 2nd quarter? 

-Lance's stats prediction: 12-18 148 yards 1 TD, 3 rushes 19 yards.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

I kind of assumed that Lance would have his lightest work load of the preseason in this game. The talk was that Jimmy was going to play about a half, right? With some Lance sprinkled in? 

Why couldn't he play in the 2nd half though? And I don't think Jimmy plays the entire half anyways. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why couldn't he play in the 2nd half though? And I don't think Jimmy plays the entire half anyways. 

I feel like they wouldn't do that for injury precautions. Some teams didn't even play starters / key back ups. I feel like they are going to treat him as a starter even if Jimmy is the official starter. If either Lance or Jimmy plays in the second half, I'd be a bit surprised but we will see. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like they wouldn't do that for injury precautions. Some teams didn't even play starters / key back ups. I feel like they are going to treat him as a starter even if Jimmy is the official starter. If either Lance or Jimmy plays in the second half, I'd be a bit surprised but we will see. 

I mean then they shouldn't play the starters at all. 

I just can't see Lance not getting his fair share of snaps. 

so if Shanny trys a 2 qb system he might give it a run in this game to see how it feels.  Wonder if we see something like that.  I personally think this subject is more smoke than fire, something the media just wants to talk about but if Shanny is considering it, it would make sense that Jimmy is in for the first half because he wont be in all the first half it would be a 2-qb first half... the only way I really see Jimmy getting substantial time.

• Like 1