Preseason Week 3 GDT - Las Vegas Raiders at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that one was just a bad drop...Don't even have to analyze it that deep on that pass. 

Other passes? Some definitely due to how hard he is throwing it. 

Just now, Forge said:

Sometimes, definitely on Lance for throwing a more difficult to catch pass than you want.  But there are times (such as this Jennings drop and the very first Aiyuk drop) that is simply a really bad drop by the receiver. 

I think its just like when Kaep took over from Alex and the drops went up a lot. They throw it different and with more power than other guys do. It really seems to take some time to adjust to that.

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

For what he is he has been pretty disapointing. A old rookie from one of the premier schools in training and coaching looking as bad as he did isn't a good look. Could he turn it around? Sure but so far its been ugly.

At ND he wasn't coached to do what he needs to do to be successful in SF though. He was drafted based on SF's belief that he is physically able to adapt to our offense. Sure, I wish he had adapted sooner, but he has also been injured. Way too early to worry about him. If he plays this way next offseason, then yeah, he might be a bust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Tricky throw. Not sure how I Feel about that throw. 

Again, nog perfect, could have been caught. Felt like Jennings was the person to go to thought. 

im happy with what I’ve seen from Lance. If he had to start, I think we’d be ok. Definitely not going to light the world on fire year 1 though.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Don't like it. Defender was all over him. Probably should have thrown it away.

Trey is going to have my football emotions in a tizzy for the next couple of years. 

I'm not afraid of making snap judgments on young guys and rookies and then just being willing to be wrong. But you can't really do that with Trey because he was drafted with the idea that he was going to be a project. 

• Like 1