Preseason Week 3 GDT - Las Vegas Raiders at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Jlooney1126 said:

I get your point here, but I think Hasty has to make the team over Gallman.  Hasty way more explosive and better in the scheme in my opinion.  

He also fumbles and will give you nothing as a pass protector. It can't be just about running the football. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think that we are trading anyone off the d-line, to be honest. 

For real. This is the kind of D-Line that carries a defense. We saw it in 2019 and it’s what carried the Eagles to a SB win. The crazy thing is that our line now is better than our 2019 line. 

Also, I’m not sure how people keep saying Kerr is on the bubble. He was literally the Panthers best defender last year. He deserves to be 1A/1B with Jones at NT. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He also fumbles and will give you nothing as a pass protector. It can't be just about running the football. 

Tiki Barber had fumbling problems too.  He learned to fix it.  I think Hasty has more upside than Gallman.  We are talking about 3/4 RB not our starter.  I'd rather go with upside.  Gallman hardly would ever touch the field over Mostert/Sermon and then WIlson comes back.  Gallman in my opinion has no value over Hasty.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

For real. This is the kind of D-Line that carries a defense. We saw it in 2019 and it’s what carried the Eagles to a SB win. The crazy thing is that our line now is better than our 2019 line. 

Also, I’m not sure how people keep saying Kerr is on the bubble. He was literally the Panthers best defender last year. He deserves to be 1A/1B with Jones at NT. 

For me the only way Kerr is on the bubble is if he's one of the guys we do the wink wink, nudge nudge cut and sign back with. 

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Still playing in the 4th will do that. The reason he might be on the bubble is because we have a ton of other options and when your other options are much younger they might go that way.

5 minutes ago, Jlooney1126 said:

Tiki Barber had fumbling problems too.  He learned to fix it.  I think Hasty has more upside than Gallman.  We are talking about 3/4 RB not our starter.  I'd rather go with upside.  Gallman hardly would ever touch the field over Mostert/Sermon and then WIlson comes back.  Gallman in my opinion has no value over Hasty.

Tiki Barber is irrelevant to anything about Hasty. 

I get you'd rather go with upside. Nobody is debating that. But also there is the facdt that we saw Hasty last year and still went out and resigned Wilson, drafted two running backs and signed Gallman. We have to concede that maybe the team doesn't feel the same. Any RB4 is likely just holding down the fort until Wilson comes back provided everyone stays healthy. 

Also, people are selling Gallman a bit short with regards to actually running the football. He's not sexy, but he's certainly not bad. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry behind one of the worst offensive lines in football and was top 10 in the league in yards after contact per attempt. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah i can get the choice for Gallman. Only reason i would keep Gallman is if you think he is the 3rd RB behind Mostert and Sermon. If Mitchell is the 3rd Hasty makes way more sense to me. Gallman feels a lot like Coleman to me. Nothing sexy but does the job he is there to do.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

Yeah i can get the choice for Gallman. Only reason i would keep Gallman is if you think he is the 3rd RB behind Mostert and Sermon. If Mitchell is the 3rd Hasty makes way more sense to me.

I mean, I'd rather keep Hasty just to gamble on the upside. But there's a reason guys like Gallman stick around forever.