Lauri Markkanen S&T to Cleveland, LNJ to Portland

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cleveland receives: John Wall, Danuel House, Future protected 1st

Houston receives: Darius Garland, Kevin Love

is Love bought out in this scenario?  I would do that trade in a minute!  Love doesnt fit our team though.  Id rather give the minutes to our younger guys. 

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

is Love bought out in this scenario?  I would do that trade in a minute!  Love doesnt fit our team though.  Id rather give the minutes to our younger guys. 

Yes Love would be bought out. If Wall is healthy adding him and House could help push the Cavaliers into playoff contention, which is what they appear to be aiming for. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yes Love would be bought out. If Wall is healthy adding him and House could help push the Cavaliers into playoff contention, which is what they appear to be aiming for. 

yeah i would do that trade if i was the rockets.  garland and green is a very good fit. i actually like that fit more than green and porter.  how is garland's defense? 

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He was one of the few worse than Brad Beal last year. 

18 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah i would do that trade if i was the rockets.  garland and green is a very good fit. i actually like that fit more than green and porter.  how is garland's defense? 

The Cavaliers as a team were terrible defensively, in large part because Sexton/Garland are both super small and can't switch onto bigger players. It wouldn't be as big of an issue if they had a legit rim protector but Jarrett Allen isn't that type of player. Look at the Jazz, Conley/Mitchell are about the same size as Garland/Sexton and we were one of the best defensive teams in the league, why? Because Rudy Gobert is an elite rim protector and covers up for a lot of our other players defensive deficiencies. Which is why it was weird to me that they gave Allen a $100M extension after drafting Mobley #3. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Cavaliers as a team were terrible defensively, in large part because Sexton/Garland are both super small and can't switch onto bigger players. It wouldn't be as big of an issue if they had a legit rim protector but Jarrett Allen isn't that type of player. Look at the Jazz, Conley/Mitchell are about the same size as Garland/Sexton and we were one of the best defensive teams in the league, why? Because Rudy Gobert is an elite rim protector and covers up for a lot of our other players defensive deficiencies. Which is why it was weird to me that they gave Allen a $100M extension after drafting Mobley #3. 

It also could just be because guys like Mitchell and Conley are better defenders and Sexton and Garland are not very good.  I am guessing team defense played a role in how bad their numbers were but also I think they just suck on defense. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It also could just be because guys like Mitchell and Conley are better defenders and Sexton and Garland are not very good.  I am guessing team defense played a role in how bad their numbers were but also I think they just suck on defense. 

With Rudy Gobert on the court/off the court...

In the regular season: 103.7 DRtg (on court) / 116.4 DRtg (off court)

In the playoffs: 118.8 DRtg (on court) / 130.3 DRtg (off court)

Jarrett Allen on the court/off the court

With the Cavaliers: 117.0 DRtg (on court) / 113.0 DRtg (off court)

The Cavaliers were better defensively when Allen was on the bench, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

I think long term the plan is to eventually trade Allen

then Lauri is your floor stretching 4 with Mobley at the 5

but this was my concern drafting Mobley the entire time smh

Love will either not play or be out soon 

I like Lauri and Mobley together long term just gotta get value for Allen at some point than this can all make sense 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Cleveland receives: John Wall, Danuel House, Future protected 1st

Houston receives: Darius Garland, Kevin Love

Why would the cavs give up garland? Wall is done and loves contract will be off the books in 2 years if they don’t buy him out 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why would the cavs give up garland? Wall is done and loves contract will be off the books in 2 years if they don’t buy him out 

I read a rumor that the Cavaliers are working on a Sexton extension and shopping Garland.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think long term the plan is to eventually trade Allen

Then you probably should've just traded him this off-season in a multi team deal where you sent Allen somewhere, got Lauri, and additional assets. This off-season was extremely important for you guys in terms of setting the foundation of what your team will be going forward. And apparently the vision is overpaying average big men and small guards. 

What does the Cavaliers rotation even look like?

PG - Garland | Rubio

SG - Sexton | Dotson 

SF - Okoro | Osman 

PF - Mobley | Markkanen 

C - Allen  | Wade

Weird team, Cavs fans just have to pray Emoni is eligible because the best players in this upcoming draft are all big men, lol. Kolby is going to take Chet #1. 

Edited by NYRaider