Lauri Markkanen S&T to Cleveland, LNJ to Portland

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Love has 2 years left on his deal.  You don’t give up a good young player just to get out of 2 years. 

If you keep Love and max out Sexton you'll be over the cap with a team that's not even close to making the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And trading love and garland for wall does what exactly?

John Wall averaged 20/7 last season, Danuel House is a solid 3&D wing. Wall pairs better with Sexton because he's 6'4" with a 6'9" wingspan and can defend opposing two guards. 

12 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This. Portland got a great rotation piece that actually fits offensively and improves their defense.

This will move them all the way up from winning two games in the first round to maybe three 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

This will move them all the way up from winning two games in the first round to maybe three 

You're not wrong. He doesn't move them up a tier, but it's still a good trade for them.

Although the excessive protections on the 1st are a little constricting for potential future trades.

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This. Portland got a great rotation piece that actually fits offensively and improves their defense.

Yeah I like LNJ, he gives them some more versatility because he can play some small ball 5. Still hilarious that Dame said they needed to make major moves and they ended up losing Melo, Collins, and Kanter while adding Zeller, Nance, and McLemore. 

18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And trading love and garland for wall does what exactly?

23 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think long term the plan is to eventually trade Allen

then Lauri is your floor stretching 4 with Mobley at the 5

but this was my concern drafting Mobley the entire time smh

Love will either not play or be out soon 

I like Lauri and Mobley together long term just gotta get value for Allen at some point than this can all make sense 

@H2ThaIzzo

Love said I'm about my skrilla, lol.

19 hours ago, Scalamania said:

As a Bulls fan getting a possible FRP and a second round pick for Lauri is a win - needed to recoup some of those picks (assuming they lose some with the Lozno tampering), so it's a win. The FO has done great work this off-season. 

Your GM really did turn a whole lot of nothing into Vuc, Ball, and DeMar. Not sure how well your team will fit together but they definitely showed LaVine that they're in win now mode.