Lauri Markkanen S&T to Cleveland, LNJ to Portland

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Your GM really did turn a whole lot of nothing into Vuc, Ball, and DeMar. Not sure how well your team will fit together but they definitely showed LaVine that they're in win now mode. 

It’s a weird feeling having a competent GM. I also don’t know how they fit together but it’s the most excited I’ve been to watch Bulls basketball since the Rose era. 

Yeah that’s the unfortunate thing about K Love

he doesn’t care about ball anymore. 

I think he’s going to look back at these times and regret he didn’t take a buyout. He’s got enough money and would still get a decent contract along with the buyout. Why not play for another championship. 

It really just shows his character 

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah that’s the unfortunate thing about K Love

he doesn’t care about ball anymore. 

I think he’s going to look back at these times and regret he didn’t take a buyout. He’s got enough money and would still get a decent contract along with the buyout. Why not play for another championship. 

It really just shows his character 

Love already played a key role in bringing a championship to Cleveland. Why would he willingly give up money to ring chase when already has a ring and is nearing the end of his career?

Despite the Pistons buying out Blake Griffin they still had to pay him $30M last season and $29.7M this upcoming season. Blake sacrificed $13M in potential earnings to chase a ring and still didn't get one. I'd argue that Blake giving up all of that money and still not getting a ring is why Love isn't willing to do it. 

It shows that he is trying to maximize his career earnings as his career is winding down. He already has a championship and will never receive another big contract in his career. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scalamania said:

It’s a weird feeling having a competent GM. I also don’t know how they fit together but it’s the most excited I’ve been to watch Bulls basketball since the Rose era. 

The main concern I have with your roster is that you're extremely top heavy. I'd look to add a couple more veterans on minimum deals. If I were Chicago 3 guys that I'd target would be Rajon Rondo, James Ennis, and DeMarcus Cousins. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It shows that he is trying to maximize his career earnings as his career is winding down. He already has a championship and will never receive another big contract in his career. 

This right here, and I don't blame him 1 bit. He keeps getting hurt and already has a ring. He should get all the money he can while he can.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Love already played a key role in bringing a championship to Cleveland. Why would he willingly give up money to ring chase when already has a ring and is nearing the end of his career?

Despite the Pistons buying out Blake Griffin they still had to pay him $30M last season and $29.7M this upcoming season. Blake sacrificed $13M in potential earnings to chase a ring and still didn't get one. I'd argue that Blake giving up all of that money and still not getting a ring is why Love isn't willing to do it. 

Oh I get that

What I’m saying is that if that’s what you want to do don’t be a whining ***** and complain and be a bad teammate like he’s being doing. If you don’t want to play and just collect a check shut up and stay away from the team. 

Don’t not want to take a buyout and then complain about being there. That’s stupid and ridiculous on his part. 

also Blake could’ve got more on another team he just decided to go to Brooklyn that’s his decision. Love will have options if he does a buyout from the there it’s on him 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Oh I get that

What I’m saying is that if that’s what you want to do don’t be a whining ***** and complain and be a bad teammate like he’s being doing. If you don’t want to play and just collect a check shut up and stay away from the team. 

Don’t not want to take a buyout and then complain about being there. That’s stupid and ridiculous on his part. 

also Blake could’ve got more on another team he just decided to go to Brooklyn that’s his decision. Love will have options if he does a buyout from the there it’s on him 

Has Love complained or been a distraction for the team?

And no he couldn't have, no team in the league had any open cap space, the most he could've signed for was the veteran minimum. Going into this season there's not a single team with free cap space, if Love is bought out he'll have to take the minimum regardless of where he goes. 

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This right here, and I don't blame him 1 bit. He keeps getting hurt and already has a ring. He should get all the money he can while he can.

Yeah, NBA careers are so short lived. Drummond only had to give up $700k/$28M when he took the buyout from Cleveland so it didn't really matter to him. But now he's playing on a 1 year minimum deal. 

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Has Love complained or been a distraction for the team?

And no he couldn't have, no team in the league had any open cap space, the most he could've signed for was the veteran minimum. Going into this season there's not a single team with free cap space, if Love is bought out he'll have to take the minimum regardless of where he goes. 

He’s been an immense distraction and caused a lot of problems. Look just “Angry Kevin Loce” you’ll see lol. Even then he just needs to take the buy out. Play for the minimum for a year then he can sign a contract this coming summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, brownie man said:

He’s been an immense distraction and caused a lot of problems. Look just “Angry Kevin Loce” you’ll see lol. Even then he just needs to take the buy out. Play for the minimum for a year then he can sign a contract this coming summer. 

He'll get a minimum next summer as well. There are only a few teams like the Pelicans, Pistons, and Spurs that are projected to have cap space. No one is signing Love for anything more than a minimum deal at this point in his career. Cleveland's best option is probably to trade him with one of their young players for another good young player on a bigger deal because Love's contract can at least be used for salary matching purposes. Trade him and Sexton to Philly for Ben Simmons.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

He isn't getting much more than the veteran's minimum anymore. There's no reason for him to accept a buyout unless he's just desperate to play for a winner, but even he must know at this point that he isn't getting more than 15 MPG for a good team.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, seminoles1 said:

He isn't getting much more than the veteran's minimum anymore. There's no reason for him to accept a buyout unless he's just desperate to play for a winner, but even he must know at this point that he isn't getting more than 15 MPG for a good team.

Kolby Altman signed Love to a 4 yr/$120M extension 3 weeks after LeBron had signed with the Lakers. The team could've just let him play out the last year of his deal and traded him at the ASB or let him walk in free agency. You can't really be mad at him, this is on the Cavaliers front office. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, the lone star said:

I'm glad the Mavs didn't make a trade for Lauri. He would have been the 6th man on this team, and 6MOY typically aren't worth 1st round picks, let alone Maxi Kleber, a 2nd round pick, and the other stuff they wanted for Lauri.

Good luck in Cleveland.

Lauri and KP would've been pretty redundant together. You guys should trade Powell/Burke for Dragic.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:29 AM, NYRaider said:

Lauri and KP would've been pretty redundant together. You guys should trade Powell/Burke for Dragic.

Especially now that the Mavs picked up Frank Ntilikina. 

If the Mavs make this trade...
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhr65bq6

Then they'd have Dragic and two open roster spots. They also have a $10.9 million TPE, which could be used on 1-2 players. I'm not sure who they should target with that, but that will present itself as the year progresses. Guys like Montrezl Harrell and Jeremy Lamb are trade targets due to their situations or rumors that have already made some headlines. I'd take either guy, with a preference for Montrezl because he can get some boards and bring toughness. But the Mavs do need more depth along the wing, and Lamb could provide them with that.

But we'll see what happens.