Week 8 GDT: LA comes to MA

Deadpulse

Questions of the Game  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who fares better against the Patriots Defense?

• Matt Ryan
    • Philip Rivers
  2. 2. Who has a bigger day on the ground?

• Dion Lewis
    • Rex Burkhead
    • James White
    • Mike Gillislee
    • James Develin
    • Tom Brady
  3. 3. Are the Chargers more dangerous than the Falcons?

• Yes, Phillip Rivers is more consistent year to year than Matt Ryan
    • No, the Falcons have a better all around offense
    • Yes, their pass rush makes them a tougher matchup for the Pats
    • No, The Falcons have Julio Jones

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2017 at 08:10 PM

Ugly ugly ugly win. The offense played very poorly and honestly barely deserved the score they achieved. With the safety and the extra possession that goes with it as well as the long return by Dion, they should have easily scored 30 points. Finishing drives needs to be a sticking point going into the bye, settling for long FG's and only getting 1 TD is not acceptable for this offense. They should have put the Chargers away 100 times during that game. The defense on the other hand played great. The long rushing TD early was bad, but I also give a lot of credit to the Chargers, they blocked it wonderfully. The Chargers needed help from the yellow to get in scoring position the second time around. Otherwise, an extremely solid day from most everyone on the field. The front four was the weakest point. 

I also don't blame Gostowski for those kicks. They were long kicks, in the rain, one of which caught some wind. 

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Ugly ugly ugly win. The offense played very poorly and honestly barely deserved the score they achieved. With the safety and the extra possession that goes with it as well as the long return by Dion, they should have easily scored 30 points. Finishing drives needs to be a sticking point going into the bye, settling for long FG's and only getting 1 TD is not acceptable for this offense. They should have put the Chargers away 100 times during that game. The defense on the other hand played great. The long rushing TD early was bad, but I also give a lot of credit to the Chargers, they blocked it wonderfully. The Chargers needed help from the yellow to get in scoring position the second time around. Otherwise, an extremely solid day from most everyone on the field. The front four was the weakest point. 

I also don't blame Gostowski for those kicks. They were long kicks, in the rain, one of which caught some wind. 

Were you at the game?

I've seen enough kicks from him that veer sharply to the right midway through the kick to not automatically put that on the weather. He's one of the highest paid kickers in the league, he needs to perform. I'll be highly disappointed if there isn't some healthy competition in training camp next year.

1 hour ago, I_GET_SAX said:

Liked how we played our RB’s and cycled them in. Solder had a good game. Not loving that we lose a pretty important player to injury each week. Hogan is important to our success ROS. Any word on Mitchell’s rehab/probability of playing soon?

I'm a huge fan of the RB rotation. Basically Lewis, MG and Burkhead each get a drive with White rotating in on most 3rd downs. Keeps everyone fresh and they're all very capable runners. Would be curious to see the 4th Quarter numbers to see if the rotation is paying off as the defense tires.

Couple of nuggets from BB yesterday.

Getting the crew to bring the chains out to measure that clear 3rd down stop; meant the offense couldn't get a quick snap off and they kicked a FG (missed) to give Brady great position. Also, the Bosa jumping offside: whether that's BB, Brady or McD, it would have been something they identified because it's a weakness of his. Maybe we saw the benefit of the left-footed punter, which BB has always considered important - looked like Benjamin completely misread the flight of the ball, got in an awkward catching position, bobbled it, then we know the rest. 

Archived