Week 8 GDT: LA comes to MA

Deadpulse

Questions of the Game  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who fares better against the Patriots Defense?

• Matt Ryan
    • Philip Rivers
  2. 2. Who has a bigger day on the ground?

• Dion Lewis
    • Rex Burkhead
    • James White
    • Mike Gillislee
    • James Develin
    • Tom Brady
  3. 3. Are the Chargers more dangerous than the Falcons?

• Yes, Phillip Rivers is more consistent year to year than Matt Ryan
    • No, the Falcons have a better all around offense
    • Yes, their pass rush makes them a tougher matchup for the Pats
    • No, The Falcons have Julio Jones

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2017 at 08:10 PM

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, let's try and move forward. Was he playing at full tilt anyway? He was put on the line a lot, so we had to make-do without him being in the middle as often anyway.....

I'm trying. lol.

It's a huge loss. No other LB on the roster is even close to his level of intelligence or ability.

It's safe to say the Pats have the worst LB corps among playoff contenders and possibly the worst in the whole NFL now 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Think he's regressed somewhat this season. Accuracy stats are down, he's making some pretty horrendous throws. Always thought of him as a very accurate passer, especially down field.

Well he's experiencing some age decline but his weapons are bad and his OL is awful as always. 

37 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Well he's experiencing some age decline but his weapons are bad and his OL is awful as always. 

OL is horrendous. Have my fears about Henry across the middle now. I really rate Henry, I think he could be a Gronk-lite in the right situation; blocks as well as he receives. Allen has dropped some ball this season, and I'd expect to see Gillmore on him due to size? Rowe's out, again.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:43 AM, mcmurtry86 said:

It's a huge loss. No other LB on the roster is even close to his level of intelligence or ability.

It's safe to say the Pats have the worst LB corps among playoff contenders and possibly the worst in the whole NFL now 

Melvin Gordon scares me the most in this matchup.  He's very fast and if our Dline looks like swiss cheese again...well our LB corp definitely will not be able to contain Gordon.  

30 minutes ago, bluemushrooms said:

Melvin Gordon scares me the most in this matchup.  He's very fast and if our Dline looks like swiss cheese again...well our LB corp definitely will not be able to contain Gordon.  

He'll get some good runs but the LA OL is awful so they shouldn't be able to consistently move the Pats DL around 

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere - Langi's been moved to the NFI list, and they've re-signed LB Trevor Reilly (former Jets 7th rounder, was on the PS last year, before signing with the Dolphins).

Have to wonder how Reilly's career had panned out if he hadn't gotten hurt near the end of college. He was almost certainly a 2nd-3rd round prospect if he had been healthy. He had good ability and skills but he's bounced around so much that he hasn't had a chance to settle into one scheme and develop his tools into an NFL caliber skill set. This is a good opportunity for him with Langi and Hightower out

All QBs are better when not under duress (apart from Tom), but Rivers' rating jumps a lot when he's not pressured. If the defense is slow, he thrives. We have a slow defense; slow backers and a poor pass rush. To shut down Chargers offense, force Rivers to move in the pocket. 

On offense I think we need to run a lot (they are 29th against the run, and 8th vs pass) and we NEED to score when in Red Zone. 

Archived