Steelers vs Kitty Cats - Pre-Season week 3 (read:4)

Dcash4

Havent been able to watch yet but hearing good things on Norwood?  Just read the dropped a pick. 

I saw him get lost in the muck of a pick route, but that’s kinda expected in your first slot action. But I’m kinda hoping he is out dime….just need to figure out the full time nickel. 

23 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Havent been able to watch yet but hearing good things on Norwood?  Just read the dropped a pick. 

I saw him get lost in the muck of a pick route, but that’s kinda expected in your first slot action. But I’m kinda hoping he is out dime….just need to figure out the full time nickel. 

From what I’ve seen of him, he hasn’t looked good tonight.

This has been a really disappointing game. You want to see someone stand out and demand a spot or a helmet or PT. But I e seen nothing tonight. Haskins wasn’t good, Spillane is playing his way OFF the roster, Sexton blew his chance, UGIII had an opportunity to unseat Spillane and can’t. 

Like, can one person shine for a quarter? 

6 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Interesting. Twitter seems to have mixed reviews haha 

I saw a missed tackle on a run and him giving up a big gainer in the pass game. Granted, I’m not great at evaluating the secondary. The missed tackle was a bad one, though. He could have made the tackle.

• Like 1

Wow. A fumble now. I feel like this will be the first time ever to have a PS filled entirely by players not on the current roster.   Tomlin has to pick which players sucked less to make this team. Boy, this game was baaaaaad

I think the team made a mistake going with the traditional 4 preseason game format. Were back-ups really that bad tonight, or were they simply playing against guys further up the depth chart than them who also likely had some game planning?

And the reverse is true. Last week, what the Steelers did against the Lions has an even bigger asterick than just, well, it's preseason because they were the ones game planning and playing their starters a longer period of time.

It would have been better to match what the rest of the league was doing with their three games. Treat the 3rd game like you would the 4th, you have that advantage, and then use the Carolina game as your dress rehearsal for the regular season. They did a disservice to the young guys/back-ups tonight by setting them up to fail.