Top 10 Players on the Team?

J-ALL-DAY

How does your top 10 player list look? You can take positional value in your list or not.

1. Trent Williams

2. Fred Warner

3. George Kittle

4. Nick Bosa

5. Jason Verrett

6. Jimmie Ward

7. Arik Armstead

8. Brandon Aiyuk

9. Deebo Samuel

10. Dee Ford

I took a combination of what these guys have shown and projected what they will soon show. I didn't include Kinlaw but he has a chance to make the list but we haven't seen him play at an high level yet while Aiyuk flashed far more last season. Ford would be higher but man the injury concerns knock him down some. I know some will have Ward a lot lower or not even on their list, but I just think he is damn good all around player. Mostert just doesn't produce for a long enough period as he ends up getting banged up...Juice Check has a case but I chose Ford over him. K'wann Williams is another guy who is the honorable mention list and right on the cusp. If McGlinchey is just average in pass protection and his dominant self in the run game, then he can have a case. I don't know what Alex Mack has left but if he's close to his former self then he's obviously really good. The roster is super loaded so it was hard cutting it down to 10 but this was my list!

• Like 3

yeah, cant really argue with any of it. 

Dee ford is the only real questionable one. 2019 dee is absolutely on the list, but who knows how things will go this season

Hopefully Trey will be on this list come next year!

8 hours ago, N4L said:

yeah, cant really argue with any of it. 

Dee ford is the only real questionable one. 2019 dee is absolutely on the list, but who knows how things will go this season

Hopefully Trey will be on this list come next year!

I actually think you can make a case for any of the top four as being the best player on the team. Wouldn't be mad at all if some have Kittle as the best or Bosa as the best or Warner as the best. Those guys are all interchangeable. 

Eventually Lance will need to be top 3 at least. 

@757-NINER Glad you also have Ward high on the list! And no problem with Juice as #10 instead of Ford. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@757-NINER Glad you also have Ward high on the list! And no problem with Juice as #10 instead of Ford. 

Mainly because what Ward brings, no one else is capable of duplicating in the defensive backfield. Same reason I have Juice over Ford. We can still win and probably play at a high level but those guys missing from the lineup makes both Shanny and Ryan's job exponentially harder as coordinators. 

22 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Mainly because what Ward brings, no one else is capable of duplicating in the defensive backfield. Same reason I have Juice over Ford. We can still win and probably play at a high level but those guys missing from the lineup makes both Shanny and Ryan's job exponentially harder as coordinators. 

Definitely, but to me it is just how versatile Ward is and how good he is in coverage. He has to be one of the top 5 or so safeties in the game when it comes to pure coverage...Some are better play makers but this man can cover the best TE or slot WR on the team and more than hold his own...Heck, supposedly he was the only DB minus Verrett that was consistently able to hang with Aiyuk/Deebo in one on one drills.

Juice is something else with his route running ability at the position...Yet he hardly gets utilized. I bet if he got more targets in the passing game, he would be in everyone's top 10.....Ford though really made the DL special in 2019. Thinking he can do the same this season....for as long as he can stay healthy lol.

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely, but to me it is just how versatile Ward is and how good he is in coverage. He has to be one of the top 5 or so safeties in the game when it comes to pure coverage...Some are better play makers but this man can cover the best TE or slot WR on the team and more than hold his own...Heck, supposedly he was the only DB minus Verrett that was consistently able to hang with Aiyuk/Deebo in one on one drills.

Juice is something else with his route running ability at the position...Yet he hardly gets utilized. I bet if he got more targets in the passing game, he would be in everyone's top 10.....Ford though really made the DL special in 2019. Thinking he can do the same this season....for as long as he can stay healthy lol.

If Ford's in our top ten players for this season and Varrett and Bosa stay healthy, the defense will finish in the top 3. There's so many interior guys that are good and a line with both Ford and Bosa and a mix of not useless interior guys can basically carry a defense. Varrett and two of Moseley, Lenior, K'Waun Williams, and Ambry Thomas can do enough in coverage. Now, the aforementioned scenario is amazingly implausible, but so was Jason Varrett lasting all of last year and being great. So was Jimmie Ward playing a ton of games over the last two years, staying healthy and playing great. Weirdly good injury luck can also happen. Even to us.