Preseason Week 3: Packers at Bills

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

TE might be another place to steal a spot or two

I don't know.  I really like Dafney, and he also plays special teams.  You have to at least think about keeping him.  

I do think that between: Ento, Yiadom, Denmark, and Farris, you will be able to get most of them to the PS if you want.  

Andy Herman -    Putting any stock into the Packers 0-3 preseason would be the equivalent of wondering if the the world champion Bucks are on the decline because of their 1-4 Summer League performance.

///

Agree with the general premise...but disagree regards this specifically: the Bucks are clearly on decline :)

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know.  I really like Dafney, and he also plays special teams.  You have to at least think about keeping him.  

I do think that between: Ento, Yiadom, Denmark, and Farris, you will be able to get most of them to the PS if you want.  

I'm not real good at the numbers game. I'm just wondering about players that can be cut and easiest to do without or move to the PS with the relaxed rules. 

Well, we know that our bubble guys are all replaceable. We know that our 2nd stringers can hold up ok against a better than average offense. We know who our 3rd tier IDL are as well.

Should be a rather easy evaluation by our staff IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, cannondale said:

I'm not real good at the numbers game. I'm just wondering about players that can be cut and easiest to do without or move to the PS with the relaxed rules. 

But to be fair, even though I like what Dafney brings to the table,  I don't think we are going to be sitting here in January after a playoff loss thinking, "if only we kept Dominique Dafney." 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But to be fair, even though I like what Dafney brings to the table,  I don't think we are going to be sitting here in January after a playoff loss thinking, "if only we kept Dominique Dafney." 

Daffney's somewhere between Tom Crabtree and Brandon Bostick in terms of utility and future notoriety.