Jaguars trade QB Minshew to Eagles

QB factory era continues.

I actually thought Flacco has looked really good, clearly in shape and moving well, still has a cannon. Ideal backup QB. 

Not sure where Minshew fits on depth chart. I also hope he doesn’t complicate what I hoped would be pretty simple future at the QB position for us:

Hurts is good? Move forward w/ him as franchise QB.

Hurts is bad? Stick w/ him all season in hopes he turns it around, lose bunch of games, take QB w/ our 1st pick.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

QB factory era continues.

I actually thought Flacco has looked really good, clearly in shape and moving well, still has a cannon. Ideal backup QB. 

Not sure where Minshew fits on depth chart. I also hope he doesn’t complicate what I hoped would be pretty simple future at the QB position for us:

Hurts is good? Move forward w/ him as franchise QB.

Hurts is bad? Stick w/ him all season in hopes he turns it around, lose bunch of games, take QB w/ our 1st pick.

Although I think it does complicate things a bit. (Flacco is a third string now?) Its never a bad thing to have capable QBs on your roster. Flacco can be that vet/coach, inactive. We can still compete with Minshew if Hurts absolutely stinks but yea, I think the majority of us would just rather have it play out and get a top flight draft pick if that’s the case. 

Interesting, I hope it’s not because they are trading Hurts in a deal for Watson. 😬

Fine with the move. Get a couple cheap years, has shown a little something on some really bad teams. Fun guy. Overwhelming chances you wouldn’t get a guy like him late.

But yeah, wary of what comes next unless they didn’t like Mullens.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Interesting, I hope it’s not because they are trading Hurts in a deal for Watson. 😬

Fine with the move. Get a couple cheap years, has shown a little something on some really bad teams. Fun guy. Overwhelming chances you wouldn’t get a guy like him late.

But yeah, wary of what comes next unless they didn’t like Mullens.

Mullens is toast and Minshew becomes the backup if I had to guess. Flacco is a QB room coach/inactive all year. Still think he’s got physical talent, but at this stage I think he just cares that he’s close to home and still involved with pro football….and the pay that’s included. Still think it’s kind of overkill for the position. Are we going anywhere without Hurts anyway? Doubtful but that’s not how GMs and owners think. Good move for the franchise. Questionable move for the long term outlook for anyone involved. 

Edited by Jroc04
Just now, Jroc04 said:

Mullens is toast and Minshew becomes the backup if I had to guess. Flacco is a QB room coach/inactive all year. Still think he’s got physical talent, but at this stage I think he just cares that he’s close to home and still involved with pro football….and the pay that’s included. Still think it’s kind of overkill for the position. Are going anywhere without Hurts anyway? Doubtful but that’s not how GMs and owners think. Good move for the franchise. Questionable move for the long term outlook for anyone involved. 

One of the beats said this was an upgrade for the room and the thought is this was a move for if Hurts goes down / to sure things up with COVID & a 17th game this year.

I think they think they’re in position to really compete?!?

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

One of the beats said this was an upgrade for the room and the thought is this was a move for if Hurts goes down / to sure things up with COVID & a 17th game this year.

I think they think they’re in position to really compete?!?

Pish posh 

Howie hedgin for Watson.