Week 8 GDT: @ Philadelphia Eagles - Where blowouts happen

Forge

Nah, that's not the reason. Pretty irrelevant for him other teams.

This though? Will have everything to do with it. If you have an NFL executive giving calls to John Lynch about this, what kind of calls do you think the owners are making amongst themselves?

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, that's not the reason. Pretty irrelevant for him other teams.

This though? Will have everything to do with it. If you have an NFL executive giving calls to John Lynch about this, what kind of calls do you think the owners are making amongst themselves?

Hadn't heard about this. Man, Troy Vincent is another guy that comes off like a tool quite a bit. Yeah, that's going to suck...could easily see him being cast aside. I hope that something really good comes out of all this from the NFL side, because it is going to be built on the sacrifice of people's careers. 

Side note, I love Bomani. 

As Bomani said, the owners are going to end up taking a hard stand and make everyone stand like the NBA. But Kap won't be the lone guy who's career gets sacrificed because of this. Reid is certainly option #2 in that regard. Easy target since he is Kaepernick's former teammate, is pretty outspoken about social issues and was the first guy to kneel alongside Kaepernick.

Side note, Bob McNair said we have to put a stop to this as we can't let the inmates run the prison....L-O-L.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So apparently Reid asked the team if he would be there next year playing LB and they told him no. And he's not getting his spot back at SS with Tartt playing so well. This could be the last we see of him in the league.....Not all for football reasons...Actually for zero for football reasons....

Minor difference in wording, but maybe bigger in meaning, his quote did not say he asked if he was would be here next year.  He said that he asked if they could tell him he was going to be here next year.  THe former means he's gone, the latter means there still thinking about it (at least theoretically).

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So apparently Reid asked the team if he would be there next year playing LB and they told him no. And he's not getting his spot back at SS with Tartt playing so well. This could be the last we see of him in the league.....Not all for football reasons...Actually for zero for football reasons....

Maybe my point wasn't clear. "Am I going to be here next year playing LB" is not the same question as "Can you tell me if I'm going to be here next year playing LB".  I think it unlikely he'll be here, but I wouldn't rule it out based on that question and answer because it's possible they haven't made up their minds yet and that's why they can't tell him.  Or, maybe they don't know how he'll work out as a full time LB and that's why they can't tell him.

Like I said, it's a minor difference in wording. But I like Reid so I hope he stays and am grasping at straws here.

Exactly this. Even last week, he didn't allow any catches but the first drive alone made it seem like he was terrible. Granted, the illegal contact penalty was a killer, but he's still been good overall the last three or so weeks. Saleh thinks if he gets stronger he won't be called for as many penalties, but I think one of the problems is he doesn't get a good jam at the LOS which makes him play catch up the rest of the route. Often times he lines up right at the LOS and doesn't get a hand on the WR. He fixes that problem, then the penalties get cut dramatically. 

I'm glad Foster isn't playing. No need to risk further injury on those ribs. 

No Lynch which kind of sucks as he would have been the starter opposite Thomas. 

Magnuson is active? It only took Brown's injury to make it happen but hopefully he sees some time. 

But this is going to get ugly. Our run defense is going to be abysmal like last week. 

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Well we should be able to keep pace with the Browns this week. I think this is going to be another blow out. 

It sucks, but I don't know where they win a game. I think we will definitely get one at some point, but not sure about the browns. They need a team to implode against them

Archived