Week 8 GDT: @ Philadelphia Eagles - Where blowouts happen

Forge

This is why I didn’t want Beathard in to begin with. Everyone’s judged him already, possibly even he has, and that’s just not fair. He’s playing on a horrible team to say the least, and was going to be a project no matter what. 

I don’t think Beathard is going to be good, don’t get me wrong. But saying he has no future now is way premature. Check out the first year for guys like Aikman, Elway, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Steve Young. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think Beathard is a career back up, but everyone saying this proves he’s no good and was a terrible pick, you’re jumping the gun a bit. 

Joining at halftime today. My first comment is that I don't think Beathard threw a single really good pass all half.  His accuracy has been bad and it's getting worse rather than better. That plus a less than stellar arm and it makes me wonder what Shanny saw that made him trade up to get him.

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I’d resign Reid next year as a linebacker if he can perform like this

I don't mind it. Plus the safety versatility is nice. But i really wonder how much the team wants him here tbh

2 minutes ago, straighthate said:

This is why I didn’t want Beathard in to begin with. Everyone’s judged him already, possibly even he has, and that’s just not fair. He’s playing on a horrible team to say the least, and was going to be a project no matter what. 

I don’t think Beathard is going to be good, don’t get me wrong. But saying he has no future now is way premature. Check out the first year for guys like Aikman, Elway, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Steve Young. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think Beathard is a career back up, but everyone saying this proves he’s no good and was a terrible pick, you’re jumping the gun a bit. 

The difference is - his accuracy is atrocious - like no saving grace-type of atrocious. It doesn't matter if he's on a horrible team, he can't throw very simple passes, and doesn't make up for it with any particular trait that makes you say "Okay - he's got that going for him." 

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Joining at halftime today. My first comment is that I don't think Beathard threw a single really good pass all half.  His accuracy has been bad and it's getting worse rather than better. That plus a less than stellar arm and it makes me wonder what Shanny saw that made him trade up to get him.

The Celek ball was nice, other than that his runs are the only thing that have been positive 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The difference is - his accuracy is atrocious - like no saving grace-type of atrocious. It doesn't matter if he's on a horrible team, he can't throw very simple passes, and doesn't make up for it with any particular trait that makes you say "Okay - he's got that going for him." 

But he's a gamer

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

Wonder whether Brian Hoyer is somewhat happy he got benched considering the absolut car crash of an OL Beathard has to play behind.

Backup quarterback is the greatest job in the world. He's making 6 million to not get hit, do some studying, etc

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah, I totally agree he looks terrible. But so did the other guys I mentioned in their first few games. Some of them it was accuracy, decision making, pocket presence, whatever, but fact is a lot of QBs start off looking way overwhelmed and like they don’t belong. 

Once again, I agree he’s not gonna be a starter. But I think he would have been way better prepared if we sat him all year or at least most of it. I just don’t think it’s fair to write him off when he walked into this dumpster fire. 

Archived