Minshew TRADED to the Eagles

Sad People

I do not get this trade, a 6th that may be a 5th is relatively nothing for a team who is in need of oline talent and te talent. The eagles have a guy in Ertz and Dillard  with jags giving up minshew and possibly a pick for him. Also what does this mean for the eagles as flacco seems to have played a relatively good game last night to be the backup, did I miss something there? Flacco's deal is essential a 1 year 3.5 mil deal and will cost the team the same money for cap relief if they move flacco. I honestly think both teams lost in this trade. Minshew had time with starters and they have many needs to help lawrence while eagles have 2 qbs they are happy with and giving up a pick for someone who will be a healthy scratch all year is something I do not get even if hurts is not the guy your still not going to roll with minshew as your long term answer.

18 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I was curious what this means for Jalen, Is he QB1? Is Minshew just an insurance policy?

I'd have to think Jalen is still going to be the day 1 starter. Eagles wouldn't have waited until two weeks prior to the regular season to make a move for someone they think would start for them.

That said, if Hurts struggles they could switch to Memeshew rather quickly.

• Like 2

Even if he isn't good enough to be a long-term starter, and I don't think he is, this seems like a very good trade for the Eagles.  I think Minshew could last a long time as a reliable back-up, someone who can come in and win you games in a pinch, especially if you are a contender-level team.  

• Like 1

I really don’t understand this move for the Jags. Minshew is a good backup and outplayed his 6th round draft selection. And then to move him for a 6th. TLaw is the future but everyone needs a good backup. I know the Titans are in division, so it wouldn’t have happened, but I’d have been fine with us trading a 5th for Minshew.

Edited by AllThingsTN
Mistyped
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Flacco>>>>>>>

Hope Joe can end up in Indy or Carolina. Wentz will inevitably get hurt and Carolina will realize they made a horrible mistake trading for Darnold.

Off topic but I think Darnold is going to do well in Carolina. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

Quite possibly the only team he has a chance to start without an injury. Maybe only a couple other options. Good for him. 

Idk if that’s true unless Hurts is so bad so early but if they realize week 12 he is terrible Minshew might get similar treatment as last year where he was benched because we didnt want to win games and screw up draft picks